Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Gopro mount – over stem handlebar mount?
  • andysmiff1
    Free Member

Tinkering with a light setup/experiment on the roadie – I’m after a go pro mount that fits on the handlebars but puts the GoPro over the stem / centre of the bars (so an offset clamp in essence)

Anyone know of anything similar?

Cheers,

A

scotroutes

How about a mount that replaces the top cap?

STATO
    Free Member

Given the lens is offset relative to the mounting bracket, any of the bar clamp ones will get you as close as is possible. Tons on ebay for cheap.

andysmiff1
    Free Member

Garmin is mounted on a k-edge mount under the topcap so that won’t work.

Yup – seen the cheap eBay mounts, but mounting is for a light with a GoPro mount – not a GoPro itself, so that would still leave it offset.

Strange as it may seem but want something that puts the light dead central over the stem/bar centre.

Might have to modify another mount to fit a GoPro interface to it.

DT78
    Free Member

K edge do a mount that combines a garmin mount and a go pro. I’m using it to set my session 4 central just in front of the stem. Due to how it is fixed you could adjust along the bars to account for the offset

Edit just seem the light comment. Also use it for an electron front light. But it slips and light ends up pointing up. I need to find a way to increase friction

thegreatape
    Free Member

Barfly. I modded a Gemini light last year so it has a GoPro mount instead of bands -round-a-tube-on-a-strap. This year I moved that light to my bars so got a Barfly mount which clamps the bars either side of the stem. I then noticed that the GoPro bit of it is offset, presumably to make a GoPro camera lens sit bang on central. Don’t be put off by the plastic/nylon construction, it’s a quality bit of kit.

EDIT Also just seen that you want it for a light. It won’t be dead centre over the stem, but I can’t tell that in use. Whether that’s enough for you though…?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Have a look at the Barfly site yourself, I just have, there’s loads on there and might be something to suit.

STATO
    Free Member

Yup – seen the cheap eBay mounts, but mounting is for a light with a GoPro mount – not a GoPro itself

you should have just said that 😆

STATO
    Free Member

Superstar garmin mount with go-pro mount underneath.
    Same available from http://www.racewaredirect.co (not .co.uk)
    Raceware also do just gopro mounts, they showed a new one on instagram recently which is exactly what you describe you want.

andysmiff1
    Free Member

Stato – my bad! Forgot to put that in the op – I blame the kids…..

Any links to the Instagram pic you mention??

A

STATO
    Free Member

This is what I was thinking of. Not on their website but they do loads of custom stuff and only the common stuff goes on the website, so give them an email. Wont be cheap compared to ebay stuff, but its custom and equivalent to fancy brands like k-egde etc.

offset bar mount
    https://www.instagram.com/p/7dmzy_Gr4G/

steerer mount?
    https://www.instagram.com/p/yuzlqaGr6-/

double go-pro mount

andysmiff1
    Free Member

STATO – perfect!!

Offset mount looks perfect!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Gopro mount – over stem handlebar mount?’ is closed to new replies.