Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • GoPro Hero HD – 3M Sticky Pads Reliability
  • mrmuddybum
    Free Member

Don't suppose anyone can vouch for the reliability of the 3M sticky mounts for the Hero HD?

Would like to use them, but am a bit worried the camera will go have a tumble.

richmtb

Are the specifically made for this camera or are the just generic sticky pads?

I uses gaffer tape for my Action Cameras helmet cam, looks a bit gash but does the job cheaply and effectively

plumber
    Free Member

I've had mine come off a snowboard and seen come off many helmets. maybe cold related though

coastkid
    Free Member

do you mean 3M snap velcro?, the white stuff at £10 a meter on ebay?,it works for smoothish stuff but camera can be secured properly using extra strips-just leave the peel off backing on..also use it for frame shots of gears,hubs,suspension etc… 😮
    used it for over a year now on a tachyon xc sports camera…

mrmuddybum
    Free Member

The 3M mounts are supplied by GoPro with the Helmet Hero HD. They are red pads 3M VHB.

will
    Free Member

I was also unsure about this. So i emailed go pro and they said they are very secure and also use them to fix car panels to each other. Having said that i still didn't use them 😆

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘GoPro Hero HD – 3M Sticky Pads Reliability’ is closed to new replies.