Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • GoPro Hero 3 Silver or black ?
  • tc3nitro
    Free Member

I am looking to purchase a new GoPro Hero 3.
    Wondering if anyone can offer some advice as I’m not sure wether to buy a black version of save a little and buy the silver one ?

Wondering if anyone actually uses the wifi remote that comes with the black version ?

Thanks in advance
    Mark

Milkie
    Free Member

This video should help you..
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZvPBBHAuiI[/video]

d3fm3ch
    Free Member

If you can afford it get the black. The Silver is basically a Hero 2 in a new case. The Black is basically the real GoPro 3.

I’ve found the remote handy. I strapped it to bars for ease of use.

bigjim

I have a silver, the black was tempting but its insane money, and I wasn’t too fussed about the extra features over the silver. I also thought the silver genuinely looked better in one or two of those comparison videos I watched, the black seemed to have higher contrast and wash colours out. I would have liked the low light performance of the black though.

Northwind

Honestly, just now wait a little while til prices drop and they have the teething troubles ironed out (which they will do)

bigjim

oh yeah, in that video above, at 4:37, I far prefer the silver footage to the black footage, the black looks washed out with too much contrast or something. There is another similar comparison vid with some guy with long hair and again the silver looked much more realistic and pleasing to the eye.

MadPierre

oh yeah, in that video above, at 4:37, I far prefer the silver footage to the black footage, the black looks washed out with too much contrast or something. There is another similar comparison vid with some guy with long hair and again the silver looked much more realistic and pleasing to the eye.

That’s probably because they have Pro tune turned on and haven’t done any post processing?

I’ve not had chance to use my black much yet but the wifi remote was handy when I have.

MarkN
    Free Member

Not got one but have heard of charging issues and heating problems. Worth a Google I reckon.

dhyetiman
    Free Member

Silver. Save loads!!! I just ordered one can’t wait for it to arrive 🙂

tc3nitro
    Free Member

Thanks for the replys guys !
    I might wait a little and see if prices drop.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘GoPro Hero 3 Silver or black ?’ is closed to new replies.