Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Gopro hero 3 black. Which setting do you use? Please read!
  • gee111
    Free Member

Hi I have owned my gopro hero 3 since January and still struggling with settings. When watching the videos I seem to get the sound some 10+ seconds before the action (hope that makes sense) I have been using the gopro on 1080p 48fps. What do you use? Thanks.

mactheknife

960 with 50 fps I think off the top of my head.

rs
    Free Member

sounds like your computer is too slow to play it back properly. What spec is your computer? have you tried using vlc to playback?

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Look up the Abe Kislevitz blog. He did the go pro video for the hero 3. Lots of info there regarding settings , pros and cons of each.

From that I stick mine on 1440, 30fps or 1080 30fps.

1440 for chest mount stuff on the bike for plenty of forward upper visibility down the trail but it’s 4:3 ratio, but stretchable to 16:9 in the GoPro software on your ‘puter without loosing a slice at top or bottom, which is what the 1080 setting will do.

bedmaker

mine did this, nowt to do with the camera, it was a laptop without enough juice to make it work right.

On my owm laptop, all settings are fine.

gee111
    Free Member

Cheers for all the comments most helpful.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Abe:
    http://abekislevitz.com/understanding-your-new-gopro/

and a fast PC for playback/edit.

gee111
    Free Member

Thanks again for the comments. Gopro hero 3 black could be up for sale very soon.

gee111
    Free Member

Sorry to bring this subject up again. What sort of speed laptop/PC should I be looking at. Thanks.

haroldfinch
    Free Member

If you are using VLC for playback there’s loads of tips and tweaks out there for improving playback. For example: https://wiki.videolan.org/VSG:Usage:Codec:SlowPlayback/

mikewsmith
    Free Member

What sort of speed laptop/PC should I be looking at. Thanks.

Can of worms….

Depends how serious you are.

I have one of the older ones and I can quite happily edit the 1080 30fps 1920*1080 footage on my desktop
    AMD Phenom II X4 (quad core 3.2ghz) with 8Gb of Ram, normal spinning hard drives etc.
    and on my laptop 3 year old Dell Intel I3 8gb Ram.

I’m using Adobe Premiere to do that.

there are a few tricks for editing on lower powered machines in some software where you can substitute the files for copies at a lower res for working on then render the main files later.

Not sure of specs to work on the 4k footage etc. but currently nobody can really watch it anyway at that quality.

Where are you going to display the files? If it’s Vimeo/You Tube they will go to 1080 max and I think some are limited to 720 anyway.

So what are you recording at, what are you trying to view/edit it with and what do you plan to do with it when it’s edited?

spacemonkey

Thanks again for the comments. Gopro hero 3 black could be up for sale very soon.

If you do want to get rid then tell me how much you’re looking for. I’m interested.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Gopro hero 3 black. Which setting do you use? Please read!’ is closed to new replies.