Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • GoPro alternatives? Your experiences please.
  • GiantJaunt
    Free Member

I’ve been looking at a few reviews and it seems there’s loads of Chinese cams to rival the GoPro. Can anyone recommend one and share their experiences?

I would like a helmet mount cam but the GoPro session is a bit pricey. Can you mount another type of camera on your helmet or are they too bulky/heavy? Polaroid do a cam like the ‘session’ but the sound quality is poor. Apparently the GoPro silver is the same weight as the session.

Ideally I’d have a small cam on the helmet and maybe a bigger one positioned elsewhere on the bike or on the trail.

joebristol

Sjcam m10. Picture is pretty sharp but the colours aren’t quite so vivid and it isn’t as good when you go from bright light to dark light (in and out of trees). But for around the £35 mark I thought it was pretty good. Not far off the basic £100 go pro hero overall.

Found the on/off button is easy to damage even in its protective case if you drop just wrong. Maybe I was unlucky. That said sjcam repaired it for just the cost of sending it to / from China.

oliverracing

I’ve got one of the aldi £40 Faux Pro cameras marketed as a “maxtek vision 4k camera” – I find the 4K mode is a bit low frame rate but 1080 and 720p are great!
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IjtSFteqGE[/video]

Not bad as I only really bought it to help with being able to look back on my Autosolo runs to see where I can gain time, but it’s actually good enough quality to be able to use properly, yes a bit washed out compared to a go pro, but less than 1/3 the price!

Jerm

You can get a second hand GoPro session with a 12 month guarantee at Cex for less than £100.

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

Thanks folks I will explore those options. That sounds great Jerm!

Nice video Oliver.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘GoPro alternatives? Your experiences please.’ is closed to new replies.