Viewing 39 posts - 41 through 79 (of 79 total)
  • Googling your own name
  • Danny79
    Free Member

I played Major League baseball for some big teams including St. Louis Cardinals, New York Giants and Brooklyn Dodgers.
    Though I shot myself in the heart december 13th 1910.

z1ppy

Hmm Top story is a scottish gangster in a road rage murder (nice).. 3 pages in and no sign of me…. my name is more common that I expected (even the FB page that comes up on page 2 isn’t mine)

drain

Hmmm… the real me comes up 1st and 5th on the google images (in Singletrack pink camo! 😉 ), and 2nd on the google web offerings. Could be worse!

montylikesbeer

apparently I died in a freak horse accident in Paignton !!!

Cougar

I played Major League baseball for some big teams including St. Louis Cardinals, New York Giants and Brooklyn Dodgers.

You play baseball for two football teams? That is impressive.

Taff
    Free Member

With the exception of endomondo, facebook, linked in andtwitter got this.. Race Results which shows have crap I was. Found a few pictures of me too but they’re ones off facebook

z1ppy

ok I am on the 192 page (off the first google page), though even on there, there is another person with the same middle inital who live locally before me…. very common indeed.

Nothing on google images.. though someone (NOT ME!)
    “can proudly tell the world he owns a patent for “a chip-controlled piezoelectric sound transducer which plays a melody or voiced message when during intercourse the contacts of the sound-playing unit are closed and the transducer is activated.” It’s all about free love—you can record whatever music or sound you want, be it “Danger Zone” or “Thriller.”

miketually
    Free Member

I just get lots of me, helped by a pretty unusual surname.

MrsToast
    Free Member

I’m a US senator.

My maiden name brings up more of ‘me’ – my blog, credit listings for the games I’ve worked on, etc.

Danny79
    Free Member

Hey Cougar just quoting wiki. 🙂

Though further wiki work reveals that there was a New York Giants baseball franchise though they moved to San Fransico after 1957 season, similarly Brooklyn Dodgers moved to LA at the same time.

soulwood
    Free Member

As far as I’m concerned my name is the best for googling as far as the world of biking goes. I invented the best bearing system for hubs which has been copied the world over. Unfortunately I also died recently. Also unfortunately I cannot afford any of my own products with my name on.

legend
    Free Member

I’m a prominent member of the NRA….. until I blew my head off with a shotgun!

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I get my website. 🙂

downshep

I was found dead two years ago in a north american river. At the time of my tragic death I was ten years older than I am now. Despite this setback, I also appear to be pursuing a career as a nuclear physicist.

julianwilson
    Free Member

I have same name as a very famous and rather handsome young surfer. (I once had a facebook friend request from a young and sadly mistaken American surf-betty.) Also the keyboard player from ‘Grand Drive’, and the legendary motormouthed horse racing man on BBC. One of the first people I ever looked after as a young care assistant was a semi-reformed gambling addict: he didn’t find my name at all funny.

Cougar

Though further wiki work reveals that there was a New York Giants baseball franchise though they moved to San Fransico after 1957 season, similarly Brooklyn Dodgers moved to LA at the same time.

Bloody Americans and their fool names. You’d never catch us doing that.

Erm.

*coughs*

samuri
    Free Member

Apparently I’m a famous photographer, an English Hockey player and I’m the six times mountain running champion.

Actually I appear more on google than anyone else with my name which is nice.

This is my favourite image of me on the images page.

iain1775
    Free Member

I install gas boilers in Wallasey (which is actually not far from where I was born)
    The real me doesn’t appear on at least the first 3 pages, in images I’m not sure I remember growing a beard and putting on 10 stone!
    My wife however died in 1710 and it seems she was having an affair at the time as some other man (not me) is mentioned and images also brings up a picture of her headstone
    At least that’s the lack of bedroom activity explained… And her smell 😉

miketually
    Free Member

I used to be much harder to find on Google, because my great (great?) uncle devised a form of chiropractry so there just used to be loads of results for chiropractors called Mike.

Sawyer
    Free Member

I’m a rather famous American literary figure. But then I knew that already.

Oggles
    Free Member

My name pops up in a BMBO report at the bottom of page 2 and quote “a name to watch in the future”!. Nothing on the first page.

emma82
    Free Member

I’m a failed and quite honestly appalling popster who didn’t quite make it into Girls aloud. I still appear to be trying to break the Market, albeit badly. Very badly.

boxelder

I get a famous tenor saxophonist, a Geordie with a site dedicated to the Curch of Jesus Christ and a DH MTB racer (not me)

Image search shows a photo I took at result No 5 though (twas on the BBC flood report)

Jim_Kirk
    Free Member

I command starships.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Just done mine and i get a certain famous action/spy type character goes by Bulldog lol.

mrmo
    Free Member

my linkedin profile is first, then an irish cyclist

I used to play drums in BLACK FLAG with HENRY ROLLINS!!! 8)

emma82
    Free Member

Wow, I just googled again for another look. Apparently I am also a jail guard who did naughty things with an ‘evil’ inmate! Blimey.

PePPeR

My names so common it’s not worth even trying to find a mention on about the first 200 pages!

Though surprisingly I’m on the first page of images as a picture from my FlickR of one of my cameras is used as an example on camera-wiki 😉

TheFlyingOx

I’m a flute maker, a cinematographer, and ex-Conservative MP of Leigh.

No wonder I’m so tired.

eviljoe
    Free Member

I’m a breed of horse 🙂 🙂

Gordy
    Free Member

I get my website.

Same here. Bit of a surprise.

neil_enty
    Free Member

i get a murder who did his wife and kid… I didn’t do it though, and although i plead my innocence I was convicted for life and have appealed.

I personally appear on page 3 of google just after

“****: Psychopath — Science & Technology”

edhornby

I have a very crap 1st class batting average from 1880

http://cricketarchive.com/Players/37/37045/37045.html

peajay

I am a sword maker in Edinburgh, funny thing is I actually know the chap, haven’t seen him for 20 years, he used to call into my mums house for a cup of tea on a Saturday morning after riding from Glenuig to Fort William on his honda c90, that had a leopard skin seat cover and he had a fox tail stuck on to the rear of his helmet!

santacoops
    Free Member

Me = Snowbombing head honcho

rOcKeTdOg

I’m a heating engineer from Sunderland, should come in handy!

And on a cooler note

…**** ***** is THE MAN behind plans to create the biggest falconry breeding centre in Scotland

Go me!

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I am a contemporary pianist with my own web site. 8)

I am also an Australian actor who died in 2005. 😥

bugpowderdust
    Free Member

Apparently for the 2011 season I’ll be driving a 760bhp Benetton B199 F1 car in the new BOSS GP series.

Last season I won the championship, with 7 pole positions & victory in half of the races. I also broke an unprecedented 5 Outright Lap Records on my way to the title, achievements that lead to nominations for numerous prestigious awards. Better year than I remember!!

Viewing 39 posts - 41 through 79 (of 79 total)

The topic ‘Googling your own name’ is closed to new replies.