Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Google Play Purchases
  • chico66
    Free Member

Sorry, I’m an Apple fanboi but both kids have got Android tablets

Is there a way for me to purchase apps for them that doesn’t involve adding my debit card details to their account?

Looks like I could buy a physical gift card but can’t seem to buy one online and Google wallet doesn’t appear to be available in the UK

spooky_b329

prepaid debit card?

WackoAK
    Free Member

You can buy a gift card card in most supermarkets, you can still get the free apps without having to give card details.

richpips
    Free Member

Google Wallet works in the UK, but in a round about way.

My kids got vouchers for Xmas and I managed to load them to the wallet.

PePPeR

Good thing is, when you buy the app once you can run it on any number of Android phones/tablets.

😉

gravity-slave
    Free Member

There’s also a setting so that any future purchases needs a PIN, so if you do add your card, they can’t spend on it, including in app purchases.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Providing you use the same login for each device. Which may or may not be an issue.

nuke

Do they really need to purchase apps? I say this as we have 3 Android devices (Nexus 4, 7 and an Xperia phone) in the house and, after over a year, nobody including my daughter has needed to make a purchase, we just make use of the free apps. My son has an ipod touch and he always seems to want to make purchases

edhornby

I agree with Nuke, I’ve never needed to buy anything for my Nexus phone (ok, I’m not a gamer..) the play store has most stuff, it’s just not an easy interface to search…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Google Play Purchases’ is closed to new replies.