Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Google Nexus 7
  • jonesyboy

been trawling around on google, anyone spotted a deal better that £150 for the 16gb?

dufresneorama
    Free Member

The new model? Where?

AlexSimon

Carphone Warehouse had the old one at £129 at the weekend.
    (non 3g)

On their website at £139 afaics

cranberry
    Free Member

Is brand new important?

There were some refurbished models on Ebay – 32Gb IIRC for £120 yesterday.

EDIT:

here

IA

2013 one is a massive improvement BTW.

Screen mostly.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Look in your local Tesco extra. They had some offers going but I didn’t pay attention to them.

dufresneorama
    Free Member

Seen the tesco refurbished ones on ebay the other day. Good price for 32gb but the new model seems kick ass. Might buy a gen 1 for my SO and wait a month or two then get myself a gen 2

jonesyboy

It’s for my 10yr old son for his birthday, any other tablets with a decent camera anyone would recommend, that’s the only thing missing that he would maybe find useful.

sharkbait
    Free Member

My daughter needs a ‘browser’ for use at school. 2012 model good enough for basic browsing and probably saving a bit of data to a google drive account?
    She wants an iPad mini but the Nexus price is pretty attractive.

cranberry
    Free Member

any other tablets with a decent camera anyone would recommend

The original Nexus 7 only has a front facing camera. The 2013 version has both front and back facing cameras.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/09/09/review_google_asus_nexus_7_2013/

Sharkbait – the old model will be fine for that, but would she be using it a lot at school ( they are nice and portable, but the screen on any 7″ tablet isn’t huge )?

tiggs121
    Free Member

A tablet for a 10 yr old ….lucky boy!

muggomagic

I have both. The old one plenty good enough, but the new 16gb model is £199 on the play store and is definitely worth the extra £50. The screen is far better and it’s a lot quicker too. Plus it has the rear facing camera.

jonesyboy

Lucky boy indeed, seems most of his mates have a bloody ipad :S

sharkbait
    Free Member

the old model will be fine for that, but would she be using it a lot at school

An increasing amount. The school already has iPads in some departments but they’ve now sent a letter out stating that the internet is going to be used a lot more and all students should have a ‘browser’ of some kind – with tablets being favoured.
    I was wondering whether to give her our iPad 2 to use but was wondering if it may actually be a bit big.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Google Nexus 7’ is closed to new replies.