Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Google maps have got my address wrong – how to change it?
  • digger95
    Free Member

Annoyingly my postcode on google shows up in the adjacent road to my house. I know how to change a BUSINESS location if its listed wrong, but I can’t seem to do this for my own house.
    Any ideas?

allthegear
    Free Member

You’ll have to move your house before Google find out!

Rachel

mrsfry
    Free Member

Google

Would this help

(Although Rachels idea is way cooler)

deadkenny
    Free Member

Address locations are never accurate on Google Maps. Just work on the postcode database from RM combined with an estimate on the address.

Mine is across the street. Seen plenty where it’s half a street off.

Businesses are frequently way off as seem to hit the postcode centre only unless adjusted.

Do you really want people to find you? I prefer people go to the wrong address and give up 😀

midlifecrashes

Mine used to lead people to the back alley behind our house, which was a bit annoying as both entrances to the alley are in the next parallel street, so people were lead to the wrong street before realising. Used the feedback tool on the maps and they said it was too complicated to fix due to a cockup in earlier digitising, but they’d sort it with the next full iteration. Seems to be good now, but it was wrong for about three years.

CountZero

Address locations using satnav aren’t much more accurate; using my postcode as the return home destination in here, it would take anyone thinking to break in, to a house about a hundred yards away on the other side of the road.

wwpaddler
    Free Member

That sounds pretty good. Proper sat navs aren’t any better. Used to work as a home shopping delivery driver in Edinburgh and reckoned the sat nav would take me to the wrong place about 1/6 of the time.

papamountain
    Free Member

They had my house at the bottom of the road and had the road name slightly wrong. I just told them via the feedback thing i think and they changed it within a week. Courier deliveries often went to a road round the corner which has same name but is road and not close.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Address locations using satnav aren’t much more accurate; using my postcode as the return home destination in here,

Some friends were coming up to visit when I was back in the Uk living in the lakes, very surprisingly they said they would be arriving a bit early, called them and no they were in the car, and sat nav said…
    15 mins before ETA got a call to say they would be a couple more hours as they had used the old postcode (M62 corridor) rather than the new one 🙂

digger95
    Free Member

Feedback thing? I must have missed this, where is it found papamountain?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Google maps have got my address wrong – how to change it?’ is closed to new replies.