Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Google latitude – Find my corpse?
  • imp999
    Free Member

So, I've got a mobile with Google latitde and a PC at home with Google latitude.
    How do I set up the PC/mobile to be able to watch where I am when I am on a ride so that Mrs imp can find my remains ?
    I am logged in to GL using the same log-in and password on both devices which makes me wonder if it can differentiate.
    I am sat in front of my PC with my mobile so cannot tell if each is watching the other or are they both watching the the one device.
    And I am well on the way with a bottle of red and that doesn't help either.
    Any help gratefully received.

Talkemada
    Free Member

You do know all this GPs in 'phones stuff is do that They can see where you are at all times…? 😯

billybob
    Free Member

Get your wife to become your friend on google then she will always know your whereabouts…

Google latitude scared me a little!

footflaps

They don't need GPS to follow you, they can locate you quite well in urban areas from triangulating your cell signal. We all carry round personal locator beacons these days.

imp999
    Free Member

If I could get her to be my friend on anything………
    Only joking!
    We share the same email ad.
    How about I create a dummy email account on my phone an get the PC account to look for that?

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

Google latitude scared me a little!

it will only update when you have it switched on on your phone and updating.

spooky_b329

They don't need GPS to follow you, they can locate you quite well in urban areas from triangulating your cell signal.

Yep, my HTC Desire gives me local weather even when GPS is turned off. Sometimes it thinks I'm in the next village, but its pretty close. I'm pretty sure google search locates me using the same method, on their front page it gives my location.

Jamie
    Free Member

You do know all this GPs in 'phones stuff is do that They can see where you are at all times…?

Even in the loo?

billybob
    Free Member

it will only update when you have it switched on on your phone and updating.

Up – that's why I turned it off – however I can see the benefits of being stalked tracked by friends if you are on some sort of adventure or bike ride.

hora
    Free Member

Thats a point. Wheres that place in America where they leave the corpses outside in various stages of decomposition and in trees, simulating murder scenes etc????????

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

The body farm in Tennessee Hora, my mate spent a couple of weeks there prodding gooey bodies

molgrips
    Free Member

It also chews your battery life. However google latitude is your friend and your friends' friend on bike rides. And when you want to commit a crime/have an affair – turn it off. Simples.

imp999
    Free Member

I am at work now and logged into Latitude on the work's PC and it has pinpointed me a treat.

Not sure how turned on the mobile needs to be, though. Off, Standby, on, Google maps on, Google Lattitude on.

Needs a bit of experimenting but looks quite good.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Google latitude – Find my corpse?’ is closed to new replies.