Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Google Chrome – Shockwave Flash plugin not responding.
  • NJA

I have been using chrome for years, but just recently it has become virtually unusable.

Several times a day and at seemingly random points it decides that Shockwave flash is not responding. Freezes and requires a reboot of the machine to restart. This only happens on my work PC, home PC and all the other terminals in the office are fine.

From what i have been told flash is an embedded part of chrome. I have updated the component, uninstalled chrome and reinstalled it, but nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

Currently installed Opera and that seems quite good MS edge is rubbish as is IE9 both of these seem to slow the machine to a crawl.

seosamh77
    Free Member

disable it. Was doing the same on one of my versions of chrome. (w7 work pc.)

chrome://plugins

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

This can also be a sign of hardware instability, so if you have any other odd symptoms: consider that.

Flash is a load of crap, but in this case it has a use – it’s a remarkably sensitive way to spot an unstable system.

Captain_Sponge

IF you can, I’d avoid FLASH completely – It has a bad track record with security issues, and you’d be safer without it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Google Chrome – Shockwave Flash plugin not responding.’ is closed to new replies.