Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Goodridge hose fittings for XT brakes?
  • barrykellett
    Free Member

Can anyone tell me which goodridge fittings I need for my goodridge hoses to connect up to my M775 Shimano Xt brakes?

Ta!

bigyinn
    Free Member

You need the straight connectors, rather than banjos.
    So you’ll need 2 x sleeves and 2 x straight connectors (this is for one brake, lever + caliper).
    IIRC they are the connectors listed as fitting M525 brake calipers

wheelz
    Free Member

You need two of this one Barry

barrykellett
    Free Member

Cheers Ian, do you know the part number of the conical ended threaded part? I have two hoses with the connectors on three of the ends but without taking apart one of the existing ends I cant spy exactly which conical connector it is (The end to go into the lever, though I think its the same on both ends?)

So is it this:
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=20445

Plus this:
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=20453

To do what I need??

bigyinn
    Free Member

Not 100% on the first one you linked to Barry, it certainly looks about right, but im not sure about the threads.
    Oh and get stainless rather than alloy, i’ve heard they can be a bit ‘soft’.

barrykellett
    Free Member

Thanks BigYinn
    yea, I am not 100% sure myself so just need someone who can confirm its definitely the bit I need

And most certainly I will be going stainless!

bigyinn
    Free Member

Either that or go for the full kit as I KNOW that will fit, but it works out about £2 more than the individual parts.

wheelz
    Free Member

From what I remember about building mine up, the conical bit doesn’t have a nut on it. if you look here the correct one is the one on the far left.

I seem to remember I had to grip the end in a set of pliers to get the collar on.

The collar is definitely the right one though.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I think i’ve got both conical doofers on my XTs.

wheelz, you’re right about the 2 piece conical jobbie, right PITA to get it screwed into the collar initially.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Goodridge hose fittings for XT brakes?’ is closed to new replies.