Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Goodbye Microsoft Office Pro 2010 –
  • coolhandluke
    Free Member

New motherboard in the main PC and Microsoft, bless them, told me Id installed Microsoft Office 2010 too many times and that was that.

I’ve still only got one PC and one laptop though.

Well, Microsoft can do one, I ain’t buying it again. DO ONE GATES.

Hello Libre Office and eM Client for emails.
    I’ll be doing the same on my laptop too.

rant over, carry on.

Drac

Worst rant ever.

Cougar

DO ONE GATES.

You’re about fourteen years late.

richmars

Have you actually tried to phone Microsoft to explain what’s happened?

Cougar

“Telephone activation” is an automated affair and will probably work.

But it’s academic now, I assume.

Weasel
    Free Member

What Cougar said ^

I purchased a copy through work and then passed it on, when I went to install it on my new (to me) laptop it came up as an unathorised copy (installed too many times on diferant machines) despite putting the code in.

There was an option to go through some long automated service over the phone to get another code so it’s authorised again – just take the option that it’s not on 2 or more devices, otherwise the system will chuck you out.

molgrips
    Free Member

Your loss. You already have a license to better software but you’re going to use inferior software, when all you have to do is call them.

I may need to do this actually since I’ve rebuilt several machines that had Office 2007 on, and I need their licenses for other stuff.

Stoner
    Free Member

Phone then to get a licence extension to new hardware . I’ve done it twice.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Your loss. You already have a license to better software but you’re going to use inferior software, when all you have to do is call them.

The inferior is normally not worth worrying about for 90% of the users of office.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Might give them a call Monday then, just out of principle though.

However, I am liking eM client instead of Outlook, I only really use Excel for editing CSV files generated from my surveying equipment and hardly touch Word at all these days.

br
    Free Member

Telephone activation is a pain, but in the end I got there.

Flaperon

I purchased a copy through work and then passed it on, when I went to install it on my new (to me) laptop it came up as an unathorised copy (installed too many times on diferant machines) despite putting the code in.

Microsoft product activation stops casual theft shocker.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Just dont send anyone a complex formated doc from libre office……

As i found out frantically reformatting my final year project the night before it was due in on a hastilly purchased copy of office…..

molgrips
    Free Member

The inferior is normally not worth worrying about for 90% of the users of office.

I am using free alternatives at work, on Linux. They really aren’t as nice to use, like going back 10 or more years, and I have had quite a few compatibility issues already.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

yep, compatibility can be an issue but a lot of people just use it for simple stuff and don’t ever share docs around. Such as the OP

I only really use Excel for editing CSV files generated from my surveying equipment and hardly touch Word at all these days.

If I wasn’t doing work in Office I would have no need for the MS version.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Goodbye Microsoft Office Pro 2010 –’ is closed to new replies.