• This topic has 18 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by tang.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Good vegi places to eat in London
  • SammyC
    Free Member

I’m taking the better half to London for a weekend in August, staying near Covent Garden.

I’m looking for nice places for breakfast, lunch, or eve meal that serve really good vegetarian food. Not being a local I don’t know where to start!

Any recommendations?

tthew

My missis took me to a place called Meredith’s that appears to be a place only the locals really know about. Food was ace and not too expensive. Packed and very unpretentious.

Sorry – meant Mildreds!. 😳

jonnym92

Mildreds in Soho, busy at peak times though.

Neptune
    Free Member

Amico Bio have a few restaurants in London and are pretty tasty

bikebouy
    Free Member

Mildreds vote here two, be prepared to wait in a queue though as they don’t do bookings. Absolutely superb.

£’s not an issue ?? Ten go to Nopi in Warwick St (soho) for Otem Ottelinghi and he’s just opened up one in Spitalfields too.

SammyC
    Free Member

Well technically ££ is not an issue as its for her birthday but my eyes going 😯 might be a give away!

😀

RobHilton
    Free Member

Pick one of the many South Indian restaurants if you like that sort of thing (I love it 🙂 ) Chennai Dosa & Woodlands are good bets.

Went to: http://www.222veggievegan.com/ on Saturday – not mind-blowing, but rather good & I’ll be going again.

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

second Amico Bio! The branch in Holborn does great pizza too, which Cloth Fair doesnt. Always busy there too.

purpleyeti
    Free Member

vanilla black is another one very nice modern place, it’s not mega expensive either.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Mildreds

I second this. You cannot book but queue tends to move fairly quickly.

Also Ottolenghi does spectacular salads, the restaurants tend to be booked out early (Nopi less so than original in Islington). You may have more luck with the Deli’s, the one in Belgravia has a few tables outside, very nice on a sunny day.

If you want to venture to the “hipster” areas of Hoxton there are a few places there too.

simon_g

Vanilla Black is ace for a nice dinner out.

The Gate have good veg restaurants in Islington (just below Upper St) and Hammersmith.

Some good veg indian places on Drummond St (by Euston station), we usually end up in Diwana but others are good too. Basic interior and service but good food.

Generally vegetarians are pretty well served in most places with good veg options though.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Just booked Ottelinghi’s in Spitalfields for Thursday eve…

Nom, nom, nom 😀

You sparked my tastebuds..

porlus
    Free Member

Was just going to say Vanilla Black. Ate there when it was originally based in York. Impressive food.

one_bad_mofo

A second thumbs up here for Woodlands, great Indian food and reasonably priced.

For lunch you could do a lot worse than visit The Coach & Horses (29 Greek Street, Soho, London W1D 5DH), which offers a vegetarian and vegan menu and has a tea room upstairs!

chakaping
    Free Member

The gate was lovely when I went, about 8 years ago.

OrangeOrganic
    Free Member

if you’re staying in Covent Garden I’d highly recommend Sagar, just round the corner from the opera house. Its cheap, and not very fancy (not shabby either) but the food is all vegetarian and really authentic. Beers in the Craft Beer Company pub up the road towards Russell Sq would be a good pre-dinner spot.

SammyC
    Free Member

This is great! Thanks peeps!

I’ve booked into The Gate in Hammersmith for the Saturday night.

The-Beard

The Gate is superb, we got them to come up to Scotland and cater for our wedding (blew the entire budget on that!) you won’t be disappointed!

tang
    Free Member

How about the vegan place at Neals Yard? Good for lunch. Or Hari Krishna restaurant ‘govindas’ on Soho St. Food is really not bad. However my favourite Indian place for street food is Sirkonis on Ealing rd, Wembley. You’ll only find Indians eating there. Mmmm bel puri, dosa, chat masala…..

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Good vegi places to eat in London’ is closed to new replies.