Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • good value longer travel air forks?
  • ianv
    Free Member

I might need to replace the forks on my sons dh bike in the near future and and am looking for ideas/suggestions for some good ones.

Need to be 140-160mm, air, 20mm axle

Does anyone have any experience of the air version of the marzocchi 44?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

At the minute, if you can fit something with a tapered steerer, there’s some incredible bargains around…..

derp
    Free Member

Sektors?

james
    Free Member

What size headtube/headset has it got?
    There are some good bargains on 1.5″ forks around

Marzocchi 44 is a XC/trail fork and I thought were all QR except for QR15 available on some of the higher up ones? (ie no 20mm)

When you say dh bike (and 140-160mm fork), what bike is it?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I have the RS Sektor air 150mm with 20mm thru axle. I like it.

PeteG55
    Free Member

Basing on the performance of my Revs, the Sektors should be ace. Have a good hunt around though, I got my Revs for a steal.

ianv
    Free Member

Bike is a big hit grom, currently with Marzocchi Freeride SL 08 (crap year and all sorts of issues). Head tube is a standard 1.1/8.
    Does not have to be a totally solid fork as he is young and light.
    I thought about the sektors but they got some bad press somewhere I seem to remember.

derp
    Free Member

I thought about the sektors but they got some bad press somewhere I seem to remember.

Really? Where?

LoCo
    Free Member

Sektor Solo air. Good budget 150mm 20mm maxle lite equipped fork.
    The damping won’t be a good as the Revs, as that’s Blackbox with a dual flow rebound system in the RLT TI, ones but you said budget.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Depends what you mean by good value. For what one would pay for a basic air fork, I’d probably be more inclined to pick up some older, used Fox 36 Floats and reduce the travel if he wants 140mm. At least they’re going to be fully serviceable and will actually give him a good level of suspension.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘good value longer travel air forks?’ is closed to new replies.