Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Good snowboarding video/DVDs?
  • Gilles

Anybody can suggest me something equivalent to UnReal but for snowboarding?

Thanks!

nedrapier

You want something beautifully shot, with a mega budget, amazing locations and some of the best riders in the world, but somehow ends up bland and turgid? 🙂

Sam

I don’t know what UnReal is but Signatures is the best snow film I’ve ever seen.

nedrapier

The Deeper, Further, Higher trilogy is pretty amazing. Higher is out now-ish. Remote snowboard mountaineering.

Standard films have some amazing films. TB10 Optigrap was a step-up in snowboard film making, I think. Better music, smoother editing, more of a special feel.

The Best of the TB Series, is a great watch, nice early history of the sport too.

Then there’s The Art of flight, double helicopter mega budget stuff.

And Absinthe are the Euro version of Standard films – Vivid and Futureproof are favourites of mine.

And Robotfood’s films put the fun back in: feel good, high-fiving, fun riding, messing in the resort which can get you itching to ride much more than a huge perfect corked 720 into powder off some massive booter. Lame and Afterbang from them.

And I like the Blank Paper productions as well, bit more of a documentary feel. In Short has got a lots of really different feeling sections, bit like a video essays. Starts with a session at halifax dryslope!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Of recent times, I really like the Bad Seeds DVD. I admire Jones for the Higher Deeper things but they are almost incomprehensible to me . For fun shorter clips Lick the Cat productions are great .

colp

Nike Never Not, my lad likes it anyway.

jedi

art of flight
    balance
    never not
    nipple deep
    thats it thats all
    deeper,further,higher
    perceptions

barrytheflea
    Free Member

Lame and Afterlame for me.. The tricks aren’t as technical as you see in newer films, but in the later ones riders are more concerned about getting massive rotations on camera than having fun. Great sound tracks too, I probably wouldn’t of come across bands like The Faint and The Postal Service otherwise.

nedrapier

I probably wouldn’t of come across bands like

Yes! One of the best things about snowboard flicks! Discovered or turned on to The Faint, Greyboy, Modest Mouse, Devo, Nina Simone, Donovan and probably at least another 10 that I wouldn’t have got into otherwise. Primus, Moloko…

GrahamS

This is history of snowboarding is good and free:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0nMxxRU6Js[/video]

Gilles

Quality replies, thanks all

Digby

If you are after a bit of snowboarding history then have a look at “let it Ride: The Craig Kelly Story”

But yeah – the Absinthe & Jeremy Jones films are always worth a watch and Absinthe films in particular have resulted in some obscure/random iTunes ‘tuneage’ being purchased! 8)

ocrider

FWIW Deeper, Further and Higher are currently on Netflix.

nedrapier

cheers ocider, fingers crossed they’ll still be there on Sunday! Not seen Higher.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Good snowboarding video/DVDs?’ is closed to new replies.