• This topic has 13 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by LS.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Good road bike shop in the midlands (with fitting)?
  • pies
    Free Member

Hi chaps. Can anyone recommend me a good road bike shop in the midlands (or up to say 100 miles radius) for me to get a road bike please?

I’m looking to spend up to 2k if that has any bearing on the recommendation!

Thanks in advance.

cyclistm
    Free Member

Try bicicielo

djflexure

I’ll get the ball rolling with Mike Vaughan cycles in Kenilworth and John Adkins Leamington. Not bought a bike but they have been very helpful each time I visited and seem to stock a decent range.

2K might get you some wheels in bicicielo.

bullroar
    Free Member

For a good fitting service and selection of bikes you could try Cyclestudio in Stratford.

Stoner
    Free Member

Check out echelon in Pershore

MoreCashThanDash

Adrian Timmis at Cadence Sport near Burton. Couple of people have recommended him. Worth popping in to see some of his Tour memorabilia.

Depends where in the Midlands you are really.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

After having a fit there, I’d recommend the guys at Cadence Sport in Barton under Needwood.
    They’re Trek and Pinarello dealers and their bike fits are pretty highly regarded.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Cheltenham Cycles.01242 255414 or email them info@cheltenhamcycles.co.uk. They sell Trek/Merida/Genesis/Ridley/Bianachi.

pies
    Free Member

Think I’m going to go to Cadence sport.

Quick question. If I just go and have a fitting, will this then tell me what brands are suited to my style and which ones are not? Someone mentioned this to me at work today, this would really help me narrow my choices down.

Seems I have expensive taste though as I only really like the look of the Pinarello Dogma 🙁

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Best bet would be Langdale Lightweights in Nottingham

lunge

John Atkins is worth a look. Most bike shops will sell what they stock so unless you go to an independent fitter you’ll not get a completely unbiased recommendation.

If you want a fitter than is unattached try Bike Dynamics in Leamington.

weeble
    Free Member

Bridgtown cycles, Cannock

mrhoppy

Epic cycles in Ludlow or Stan Jones in Shrewsbury

LS
    Free Member

Another vote for Ada at Cadence Sport. His knowledge and depth of experience are unrivalled.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Good road bike shop in the midlands (with fitting)?’ is closed to new replies.