Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Good quality, reasonably cheap Pressfit (BB92) Bottom Bracket?
  • honourablegeorge

Need to replace the one on my Spicy (has lasted me over a year, so no complaints)

What’s good? CRC have Shimano and Raceface. I’m told the Raceface is better – struggle to believe it.

100mphplus
    Free Member

You have the choice of Shimano, Raceface and Superstar. All 3 will get flamed or loved depending upon who you ask.

If the one you have has lasted 1 year I’d buy the same again as that’s not too bad a service life.

Alternatively you could just replace the bearings in it, costs ~ £5 for 6805’s off ebay or ~ £40ish if you want some ceramic jobs.

FuzzyWuzzy

Enduro ones are a popular option to although not cheap – personally I’m happy with the Shimano one on my Zesty, they key thing is to remember to empty out the water in the seat tube after you clean it/a wet ride

a11y

I’m using the cheapest Enduro BB in my Spicy and it still runs perfectly after 12months (or could be longer – can’t recall when I fitted it). Sort of fit and forget.

I had poor experiences with a X-Type RF BB in the past – less than 2 months. Not as bad as my original Shimano BB92 in the Spicy which lasted 6 rides…

honourablegeorge

Have a dropper post, seatclamp fixed, don’t seem to get any water ingress.

Hmm – not certain this one is right, but it’s cheap…

http://www.roseversand.com/article/shimano-bearing-shells-sm-bb91/aid:348836

a11y

BTW, I’ve attempted to seal the top of the seat-tube (at the seat clamp) to stop water getting in via the slot in the back of the tube. No idea if I’ve had success as not had a wet ride since, but have heard of others having success with this.

JamieMc
    Free Member

On one are doing Token BB92bottom brakets for £19.99 down from £49.99.

honourablegeorge

Nice one Jamie, that looks a bargain. Shame it’s red, but….

FuzzyWuzzy

ooo good spot, don’t need one yet but that looks a bargain for the spares bin.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Good quality, reasonably cheap Pressfit (BB92) Bottom Bracket?’ is closed to new replies.