Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Good places to ride in southern scotland/northern england this weekend?
  • SpokesCycles
    Free Member

The idiots I call my cycling club have all wimped out of the club trip we (I…) had organised weeks ago for this weekend.

Anyway, I’m going on a solo adventure and want to go somewhere that’s not got much snow (i.e. is still rideable) and could entertain me for a weekend. Ideally with somewhere cheap as chips to stay at (or even with a friendly local stwer who has a spare bed/sofa).

I shall be leaving tomorrow or saturday AM. Tell me where to go.

I can’t be bothered with trail centres. I’m in Fife and don’t want to go much past Carlisle in terms of southocity.

Cheers

Trekster

Get a hold of OS78, head for Drumlanrig or Sanquhar and head of into the hills. Not had a look at hills yet but probably be able to ride all the rideable bits, lots of hiking/carrying anyway 😀

You can link Mabie and Dalbeattie together with the coastal path from Portling to Kipford, Dalbeattie forest to Kirkguneon and back into Mabie at Lochanhead farm

Some good trails up in the Moffat hills utilising the Southern Upland Way but would expect that to have a bit more snow on it. Good ride extension from Wamphray 🙂 adds a few more road miles tho.

Again using 79 and doing a bit of exploring(hiking)you can link SupW to the main trail. There is also a way up onto Wee Queensberry, follow quad tracks back to Mitchellslacks farm and back to Ae
    we queensbery slides

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Good places to ride in southern scotland/northern england this weekend?’ is closed to new replies.