Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)
  • Good old Superstar service….
  • mattjevans
    Free Member

Ordered some wheels in the sale. Got email saying they can’t be delivered “If you are not happy in any way please contact us and we can arrange a refund or exchange for another wheelset.”

So I did. Contact them that is (having bought some other wheels). Therefore requesting a refund. Twice. And got this. Twice.

“Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed:

contact@superstarcomponents.com

Message will be retried for 1 more day(s)

Technical details of temporary failure:
    Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 451 451 Sorry mailbox is full (state 13).”

Decided for file paypal dispute. hopefully that sorts it. Also had disastrous brake hose experience. No more superstar for me.

Gary_C

Kettles on…

IA

Didn’t need to read this, ordered some wheels from them last night… :-/

kayak23

Soooo , you haven’t resolved it and yet you’re already shooting them down on here for what could potentially be a technical or software system fault?

Might have been nicer to wait until you’ve actually made contact. I appreciate you’ve tried but I’m fairly sure they were not rejecting your bombardment of ….two…emails on purpose…

Anyway, good luck sorting it. I’m certain you’ll get your money back.

chojin
    Free Member

You have tried to *phone* them, right?

…. riiiight?

wwaswas

Tel: 0845 4758338
    Opening hours: 9am-5pm Monday-Friday

talk to them?

toys19
    Free Member

I ordered some wheels in the sale on sat and got them on tues.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Talk to them. Dey is peeples, innit, bro?

chojin
    Free Member

Jesus titty ****ing christ.

Some people are so impatient!

Conan257
    Free Member

0845 4758338

Or get on their facebook page to ask to speak to someone.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Lol do they know how to answer the phones yet….

chojin
    Free Member

Do us a favour? When you do get hold of someone, be polite and considerate and you might just get what you want.

Just because you own a high horse, doesn’t mean you have to ride it every day eh.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

From past experience ordered in stock factory wheels took 3 weeks due to finally confessing the wheels were in stock just not built. This after placing the order by phone and email due to every computer I tried being broken not their website. Tried to buy one of the last ks dropper posts before a mega but despite calling 10 times there was no answer.

There is only so much you can be bothered with. I decided to fix this by never spending money with them again.

thorlz
    Free Member

Ordered wheels off them last week, arrived no problem. Also emailed them for advice on setting up tubeless, again no problem. Very helpful actually.

Give them a chance, there may be genuine reasons.

MS
    Free Member

Give them a phone, never had a problem with them even when wrong item was sent out!

Bit early to shout your mouth about them without all the facts!

plyphon
    Free Member

Sometimes Exchange servers go down, or other software/systems fail.

That error message you got is just a generic response saying the server cannot take any messages at the moment.

Personally, pick up the phone!

wwaswas

I decided to fix this by never spending money with them again.

I took the same approach after his astroturfing/lying on here.

tonyg2003

I ordered some wheels late last year with the wrong hub adapters. I contacted them and got them changed no problem. I used them quite alot and never had an issue. Just call them.

mattjevans
    Free Member

Paypal message sorted it “Hello, I’m sorry we have not replied. We have been having problems with our email system and we have not received your emails. we are happy to refund your order, your order will be refunded over the next hour. Sorry for the confusion.

Yours

The Superstar Team”

So
    1 thank you Superstar for resolving
    2 to those above who gave me the phone number, why should I call? I ordered online, they emailed me not called me, it is their responsibility to respond to online requests
    3 “Some people are so impatient”. Yep some people are. And some people aren’t. Useful insight.
    4 “Just because you own a high horse, doesn’t mean you have to ride it every day.” But if you don’t ride it every day you end up having to pay someone else to exercise the damn thing. (only the husbands of horse owners may appreciate this weak attempt at humour).
    5 “Bit early to shout your mouth about them without all the facts!” Um, I’m not sure what facts are missing. I ordered, they said they can’t deliver and offered refund, they didn’t respond to emails. Their “problems with emails” are not my issue.

wwaswas

Their “problems with emails” are not my issue.

if it wasn’t your issue you wouldn’t have put a thread on here, surely?

wors

I ordered a spare axle for my nano tech pedals, it arrived next day. Can’t get better than that really 😀

Kryton57

Let me break it down for the OP:

There is more than one way of communicating. If one method fails, it may not necessary be Superstars fault. In a court of Law you are responsible for making “every concievable effort by any means possible” to contact them before you can prove they are deliberately ignoring you.

Chill out, computer systems break sometimes, thats why we don’t all throw our mobiles in the bin and sew up our lips.

emac65
    Free Member

Have ordered 2 sets of wheels off SS in the past & their service has been great.Wheels arrived within a week both times,can’t fault them..

BTW “Just because you own a high horse, doesn’t mean you have to ride it every day eh”
    Love that…. 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

Email > STW Rant = Unfair

Email > Phone > STW Rant = Fair

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Its almost as if you’re happy there were problems with your order. I bet you were rubbing yourself when they couldn’t complete their order…

I think if I wanted a refund on something I’d ordered whether it was online or not, and I got an email back obviously stating there was a problem with their email system, I’d pick up the phone. It might even have been nice to tell them you were getting problems emailing them – it may have been something they were unaware of.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I decided to fix this by never spending money with them again.

I took the same approach after his astroturfing/lying on here.

THIS – cheap for a reason IME and fruit showed himself time and time again to be a duplicitous and deceitful individual on here- bigging up his own products under flase names – tango was one iirc.

That said they have a point you should have called them first rather than do this as you did decide to use them

What if your e-mail broke and they had a contact address and phone number but did nothing because you had not answered 2 e-mails they knew you had not received – would you be happy then with the service?

toys19
    Free Member

Jamie lol

bigyinn
    Free Member

When you got the bounceback e-mail its pretty obvious that it’s not getting through, so obvoiusly they’re not going to respond to your e-mail, becuase it didnt reach them, it says so in the message “Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed:”.
    The next thing I would have done was phone them.

dan1980
    Free Member

I think some people just like a good moan.

I’ve ordered loads of stuff from Superstar, and whenever I’ve had any problems (usually my fault for ordering the wrong thing or not actually knowing what I want), my first point of call is (excusing the pun) to use the telephone, as I generally find that actually talking to real human being helpful.

To say:

I ordered online, they emailed me not called me, it is their responsibility to respond to online requests

Just makes you sound a bit of a prat. They have multiple lines of communication available, so when one fails you throw your toys out the pram and come on-line to whine/moan about it. I would put money on the fact that if you’d bothered to pick up the phone, you’d have it all sorted in less time than it took you to write out your original post. But that would just be to easy wouldn’t it…. 🙄

jonba
    Free Member

He should actually sell “disappointeing service so you can rant on stw”.

It seems people order off there simply to do just that and take every opportunity to be outraged at even the most trivial of problems.

mafiafish
    Free Member

I had good service from them recently, asked a few questions about their new road wheels, got a quick response then ordered them. Realised I didn’t say I wanted a campy freehub and they swapped my order round after it being sorted for delivery without any hassle. nice one.

thepodge
    Free Member

Ordered a 17 tooth sprocket that was in stock

Got an email a day later saying they conldn’t find it asking if I wanted to cancel or exchange

I asked for a 16 & I’d just man up

They sent me 16, 17 & 18 with a note saying “found it, no need to man up”

Can’t complain about that

teadrinker
    Free Member

I had a similar problem with CRC. I ordered a jersey and it turned out it wasn’t in stock. I emailed them for a refund and have never heard back from them. I got the refund though but you’d think they would also email me? I probably won’t use them again because of this. At least on this occasion you got your money and a email.

Trimix
    Free Member

The whole “online” way of ranting/buying/communicating with others does seem to distance people from each other. This often ends up with people behaving like the OP.

When you have to actually speak to someone its much harder to be a prat.

You see it on here, where as in real life people are not quite the same. The future will be full of people with no social skills but thumbs that can spew out a rant at hundreds of megabits as second.

*logs onto Superstart to check out light weight wheels*

wwaswas

The future will be full of people with no social skills but thumbs that can spew out a rant at hundreds of megabits as second.

I like that.

Having discovered yesterday that once of my daughters friends 6 year old brother has a facebook account that he uses to tell his parents how he’s feeling, I think the future may already be here.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

I want it all, I want it all, I want it all and I want it now.

Trimix
    Free Member

Actually I did just logonto Superstar to check out their wheels – the server is broken so i cant 🙂

Who do i rant to………….?

lexinoo
    Free Member

My dealings with superstar so far have all been positive.My parts have arrived sooner than i have expected.
    Can’t fault em myself

dans160
    Free Member

A six year old with a Facebook account…? You are shi**ing me!?

wwaswas

A six year old with a Facebook account…? You are shi**ing me!?

I poo you not.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘Good old Superstar service….’ is closed to new replies.