Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • good old fashioned "what's this" thread
  • daftvader
    Free Member

evening…

what’s this then?
    [/url]FB_IMG_1449167551026 by daftvader77, on Flickr[/img]

dvatcmark
    Free Member

A Chinese takeaway container full of green jelly?

CountZero

It’s a foil dish of purest green!

daftvader
    Free Member

nope!

Stedlocks
    Free Member

A really rubbish curry?

daftvader
    Free Member

dont be fooled by the container… its not food

phiiiiil

Fork oil that you now can’t move without spilling all over the nice clean carpet and getting shouted at by the missus who will promptly leave you for a gym instructor?

legend
    Free Member

No longer interested

daftvader
    Free Member

lol at Phiiiiiil!

mrhoppy

A really shit photo. Although it’s an impressive feat to take a photo of static objects and not manage to get a single thing in focus.

richmars

As above, badly out of focus.

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Snot

daftvader
    Free Member

in the process of making a sword and will be trying my hand at lost wax casting, however casting wax is expensive so i made my own from paraffin wax and glue sticks. next stop casting a wax hilt and carving a Roman design into it then making a plaster cast to cast brass in to… should be fun!

maccruiskeen

Homebrewed machinable wax

[edit] gah! moments too late. The stuff I was thinking of would be paraffin wax and carrier bags.

daftvader
    Free Member

mr hoppy… try taking a photo with one hand on a phone whilst holding a baby with the other and having shaking hands due to brain damage, then judge how well your photos are

nealglover
    Free Member

in the process of making a sword and will be trying my hand at lost wax casting, however casting wax is expensive so i made my own from paraffin wax and glue sticks. next stop casting a wax hilt and carving a Roman design into it then making a plaster cast to cast brass in to… should be fun!

That’s what I was about to say.

daftvader
    Free Member

maccruiskeen… paraffin wax and hot glue sticks!!!

maccruiskeen

The stuff I’m thinking off is wax thats used for machining – so you can put it in a lathe or milling machine to shape it then make lost wax casts from that. Mixing in the carrier bags makes a very hard wax so it machines very crisply, has the advantage that you can melt and re-use all the swarf.

daftvader
    Free Member

Similar plan… The addition of the glue sticks should make it far less brittle so able to carve it then use it for casting

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

There’s me thinking it was Grotbags love juice…..

daftvader
    Free Member

Nah, that’s in a different bucket, next to my beaker!!! 😆

scotroutes

Is that not going to be a very short sword?

nedrapier

Not #412 off the Chinese Takeaway and Liquor Dispensary menu then? Side order of Creme de Menthe?

daftvader
    Free Member

Scotroutes… It’ll be used for the hilt and pommel of a gladius hispaniensis minivader and I are building.. link to sword thread
    Neildraper… I drank that.. Could explain the colour tho! 😀

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘good old fashioned "what's this" thread’ is closed to new replies.