Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)
  • Good ol' Blair the ex-PM who just keeps getting stuff….
  • scaredypants

**** !

(him, not you – although you did just draw my attention to him 🙁 )

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Is somebody taking the piss?

zippykona

Can I just say I really REALLY hate that **** blair.

Stoner
    Free Member

Chief Exec of Save the Children Justin Forsyth, biog:
    http://blogs.savethechildren.org.uk/author/jforsyth/

I am the Chief Executive of Save the Children. I started my career with Oxfam as a policy adviser on southern Africa, a cause which has been close to my heart. I spent 15 years at Oxfam, rising through the ranks. In 1995 I went to Washington DC to set up Oxfam International, before returning in 1999 as Policy Director. In the early 2000s, I added campaigning and communications to my responsibilities and worked to build Oxfam as a global force. In 2004, I was recruited to No.10 by Tony Blair where I led efforts on poverty and climate change and was one of the driving forces behind the Make Poverty History campaign. I became Gordon Brown’s strategic communications and campaigns director,

Another charity riddled with partisan peeps.

konabunny
    Free Member

that’s a stupid thing to say.

Stoner
    Free Member

why? do you think the third sector is above such dirty words as patronage?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Patronage? Or just plain old fashioned corruption? It’s just another version of the old school tie network in action.

Jobs for the comrades, comrade!

Jamie
    Free Member

I admire the chutzpah in actually accepting the award.

project
    Free Member

any donation to save the children is now cancelled , i dont want to be assosiated with him or them.

scaredypants

I can’t help thinking it’s some kind of massive joke, especially the peace envoy job – even Blair himself must be thinking “WTF ?”

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

even Blair himself must be thinking “WTF ?”

Nope, he’s just counting his ever growing bank balance.

Corrupt, vile little shit of a man.

zippykona

Blair has also been awarded the World Cup to be played in his garden.

El-bent
    Free Member

He’s only doing stuff that your Tories have been doing for decades.

Is this why you hate him so much?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ernest, that wins a whole internet! 😀

zippykona

lazybike
    Free Member

Gobsmacked…

CountZero

El-bent – Member
    He’s only doing stuff that your Tories have been doing for decades.

Is this why you hate him so much?
    It shouldn’t be necessary to bother with an answer to that.
    However, as a supposed Labour politician, one would think that he would be above it.
    He is, though, far, far worse than any Tory politician that I can ever remember. The point being, that most Tory politicians came from backgrounds with money, they didn’t need to be such a greedy, money-grabbing scumbag.
    Now that pretty much all Labour politicians come from similar posh backgrounds, went to posh public schools, went to posh universities, and were/are fast-tracked through the party structure, they’re pretty much indistinguishable, but far more contemptible in that they have betrayed the very people they profess to represent.
    People like me, as it happens.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Nice edit there, Zippy. What did you mean by “on our side”?

Blair was, and is, only ever on one side – His own.

*Edit – Nicely put, CZ*

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

So should everyone who has attended posh universities (which ones are they BTW?) be automatically disqualified from serving parts of the population?

The whole award and the reasons given should suggest zero attention being given to it.

Odd that BLiar didn’t choose the correct (hidden) club tie for the occassion…..balls and Dave rarely take them off.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

pretty much all Labour politicians come from similar posh backgrounds, went to posh public schools, went to posh universities, and were/are fast-tracked through the party structure

That’s not actually true.

El-bent
    Free Member

So should everyone who has attended posh universities (which ones are they BTW?) be automatically disqualified from serving parts of the population?

I like this idea.

It shouldn’t be necessary to bother with an answer to that.

I wasn’t addressing the Labour supporters. He behaves like a tory, the tory supporters hate this association.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Prescott was the perfect antidote to that idea

Still Hunt and Milliband will announce the latest silly idea against Posh (!?!) schools in order to grab a headline…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Can we stick to the topic please, which is about all the children which Blair has apparently saved. I wonder if they counted all those children in Gaza recently which as Middle East Peace Envoy Blair no doubt helped to save.

zippykona

CFH I was trying to say what CZ said a lot better.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Why are you guys so surprised? The world is full of self-congratulatory social climbing narcissists.

konabunny
    Free Member

why? do you think the third sector is above such dirty words as patronage?

because showing that the boss spent a few years in politics doesn’t show that Save The Children is “riddled with partisan peeps”.

scaredypants

you may be right, konabunny – the alternative is that it’s “riddled with morons unable to distinguish between a philanthropist and a nasty, venal, weaselly shitehouse”

mt
    Free Member

Like or not many charities have people working for them at senior level who could be considered left of centre. In many ways that goes with the job and is the reason they may be involved with type of work. Perhaps they see it as a better way to actually do something rather than be a politician. The result being they’ll favour the politicians who the support.

If you don’t agree with the award to Blair sign the 38degrees petition linked above. Talk and moaning is not doing anything.

38degrees have been effective on a number of issues, go have a look. I’m rightish of centre (now I’m old) but prefer to support issues that I believe are right (thing to do) rather than be connected to any political view.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

You think Blair is left of centre?!

konabunny
    Free Member

the alternative is that it’s “riddled with morons unable to distinguish between a philanthropist and a nasty, venal, weaselly shitehouse”

that’s not the only alternative. it’s also possible that the boss has a big throbbing one for Blair and he has orchestrated this. it doesn’t mean the whole organisation is “riddled with morons” etc. it doesn’t mean that the work that save the children is doing is valueless or shouldn’t be supported either.

just out of interest, what have you done today to make the world a better place?

baronsamedi
    Free Member

The world is full of self-congratulatory social climbing narcissists.

describes CFH perfectly 😆

scaredypants

that’s not the only alternative. it’s also possible that the boss has a big throbbing one for Blair and he has orchestrated this. it doesn’t mean the whole organisation is “riddled with morons” etc. it doesn’t mean that the work that save the children is doing is valueless or shouldn’t be supported either.

So why hasn’t anyone challenged it ?

just out of interest, what have you done today to make the world a better place?

Not quite sure of the relevance. So far, I’ve made a fairish cappuccino and some toast 🙂 but later I’m taking time out of my day off to teach some folk how better to care for their patients. That’s the best I’ve got though 🙁

What I won’t be doing is allowing anybody, anywhere to imagine that Tony Blair (and those like him) is anything other than a ****, with a fair dollop of blood on his hands

Tiger6791

baronsamedi – Member
    The world is full of self-congratulatory social climbing narcissists.
    describes CFH perfectly

Since when did personal insults become okay acceptable on here?

Bugger all! but I won’t be starting a war and with a bit of luck I won’t kill anybody so that’s a start, mind you probably won’t get any awards either. 🙄 Typical!

roper
    Free Member

Stoner
    Free Member

Since when did personal insults become okay acceptable on here?

Not to mention if Flashy climbed any higher he’d get altitude sickness 😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Personal insults aimed at Blair are fine, in fact they should be encouraged imo, everyone hates the lying cheating fraudster. Although bizarrely he was hugely popular as Prime Minister and easily won three elections.

Tiger6791

he was hugely popular as Prime Minister

😯

I know I voted for the cheeky monkey, I think it’s the crassness of it all. John Major made shed loads of money out of Gulf1 and was Non exec on some arms company that made money or something but at least he’s posh enough to do it quietly while watching cricket without trying to be all Ghandi

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘Good ol' Blair the ex-PM who just keeps getting stuff….’ is closed to new replies.