Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Good news! (Superfoodnoshcontent)
  • scotroutes

Pffft! That’s not news.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

It’s news if your a suvverner.

binners

Wooohoooooooo!!!!

*runs off to Bury market*

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

How did I know that this would flick both the binners-switch and the Northern-chip-o-matic!

😀

wwaswas

There’ll be pop-up shops selling ‘raw blood pudding’ in Dalston before you know it.

“I’ll have a half of O-Positive please, with a rhesus neg chaser”

fasthaggis

In other news,zapped pasta is less fattening

Nuke it

Superleftovers

loddrik
    Free Member

If they’d only hurry up and declare bacon, sausages and hash browns as superfoods…

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Do you mind? My fridge is very well stocked with black pudding as we speak and its not even the weekend. My daughter (13 months) has developed a taste for it too, bless her and all more than 30 miles south of Londin.

NZCol

Splendid, I did partake of quite a quantity of black pudding – breakfasts, second breakfast rolls (BP, Bacon and Tattie Scone) as well as the perennial fave, scallops with BP and Apple.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

If they’d only hurry up and declare bacon, sausages and hash browns as superfoods…

Go paleo, bacon and good quality sausages are fine.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Vom, it’s like eating pastie slime.

Yer welcome to it…

Veggie option available yet?

hammyuk
    Free Member

Someones been watching James Martin…….

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Someones been watching James Martin…….

athgray
    Free Member

Good news. How long before this becomes a Bury Vs Stornoway debate?

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Bury.

Coyote
    Free Member

Either. It’s all blood good. 8)

househusband

Looking at that list… WTF is ‘tree water’?!

mogrim

Black pudding is big in Spain (aka morcilla), hardly a north-south thing. The onion version from Extremadura is clearly the best.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Does a black pudding supper count, or just a single?

honeybadgerx

We do a black pudding, kale and red onion dish, normally with smoked fish and a poached egg. Always thought of the black pudding as the naughty bit but obviously I was just ahead of the curve!

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Had some Simon Howie the butcher’s black pudding when I was up the road for the festive season at my folks’ place.

Easily the best I’ve tasted – totally trumps yer Stornoways, yer Clonakiltys and yer Burys.

If black pudding is a superfood, it’s a superduperfood.

slowoldman

Will no-one think of the vegetarians?

mefty
    Free Member

No mention of Dudley – shame – must admit never been a fan of Scottish black pudding – find the amount of grain used makes it too dry.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Good news. How long before this becomes a Bury Vs Stornoway debate?

There’s a reason that the outer Hebrides is regularly touted as having the happiest citizens in the UK! (and all the rampant alcoholism!) 😀

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve a family friend who makes the stuff in deepest Ashbourne in Derbyshire. I used to go on he rounds helping collect all the Blood from the Farms.
    She used to use her little Audi A2 to carry the stuff in a cool box (massive box) in the back seat/boot area.. the car nearly touched the ground it was so heavy.
    Shes won loads of awards for it too..

Is Derbyshire in the North yet or South?

mefty
    Free Member

Well I never, hunted around the fridge and found the black pudding my wife bought for Xmas. It is a Simon Howie so I will report back once consumed – quite nice cold for the half consumed so far but still prefer English ones.

mefty
    Free Member

Black pudding on top a pizza was certainly worth trying – but still find scottish recipes too dry, much prefer the additional moisture of English (or French) ones. Swedish Blood Sausage has cardamon in and is very smooth.

househusband

Will no-one think of the vegetarians?

The who..?

hypnotoad
    Free Member

Reads more like an ad than an article 😕

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Good news! (Superfoodnoshcontent)’ is closed to new replies.