Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Good Munros to do with a young bairn?
  • Garry_Lager

Thinking of taking the wee man out into the hills tomorrow – he's two and he would mainly be in the carrier. Anyone do this and can recommend a Munro that suits? Needs to be in reach of Edinburgh.

One that looks like it might fit the bill is A'Bhuidheanach Beag off the A9 through Drumochter. You'd be starting high up so the walk would be a lot shorter, which would be good for the little one. Anyone done this hill recently?

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

I would be thinking that Beinn Ghlas on the way to Ben Lawers would be just about the shortest walk that you could get to the top of a Munro.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Meall nan tarmachan. (SP) next to be Ben Lawers. Its an interesting hill and the start point is high. I have done it in under 2.5 hrs round trip. Maybe a bit craggy on the top to let a wee one run around tho

The drumochter munroes are really rather dull. Just big round lumps

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

What TJ said

druidh
    Free Member

Carn Aosda and The Cairnwell are probably the shortest/easiest walks and are an easy drive from Edinburgh.

Garry_Lager

Thks for the suggestions. Beinn Ghlas is a good one as my wife's not been up that way so would be a new walk for her – if the bairn was enjoying the walk we could always lengthen it to Lawers, or bail out back to the car if he starts kicking off.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Good Munros to do with a young bairn?’ is closed to new replies.