Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Good loch lomond routes.
  • SpokesCycles
    Free Member

I'm after a route in the loch lomond area. SOme of us are doing Ben Lomond itself, but there's a group of less experienced cyclists who'd like a 15 mile not particularly technical ride to entertain themselves with.

Is there such a thing around there between Ben Lomond and the tame cycle paths?

Also, if anyone's got a link to any particularly good Ben Lomond guides they'd be much appreciated.

dmoffitt90
    Free Member

There is an excellent route from loch chon, takes you round onto ben lomond and down. There is a fire road from loch chon and then onto an old sheep track which traverses along ben lomond an then onto the main walkers route, from loch lomond you can cycle along the loch and then turn off and up behing a bukhouse/cottage which will take you over and onto a fire road to loch chon again. I will speak to my brother tonite to get better directions as he knows where to go more than me. Its an absolutely awsome run though probably one of the best that i have ridden as its all mainly off raod , thnk its nearer 30 miles though, but definately worth a look.

stuartm555
    Free Member

not this one!

Route & Profile

not a bad day out but i remember a lot of bike carrying between loch ard and joining the ben lomond walkers path

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

30 miles would be much too ambitious for them sadly. Maybe one day!

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Out and back along whw from Rowardennan is a possibility, nice and rideable as far as Cailness, i've never been further N, it apparently gets harder. Easy cycling, little gradient. They can wait for you in the pub.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Good loch lomond routes.’ is closed to new replies.