Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • good leg armour ?
  • dale
    Free Member

my shins are feeling tender (trying new stuff+flats+nervous)looking to try some shin /knee protection
    any one found the holy grail of cheap(er) but good ? 5ft8" skinny but bruised legs

Badgerpoo
    Free Member

I'm still using my ye-olde hard knox pads from the nineties. Everything out there at the moment looks pretty uncomfortable for wearing for extended periods of time 🙁

dale
    Free Member

was hoping to do some pedalling cant decide on just shin protection or go for the starwars shin and knee ones

rotary
    Free Member

shin n knee pads

i got these and they are comfortable

No_discerning_taste
    Free Member

I have the same ones as rotary (sixsixone race kneeshin armour) and they are indeed very comfortable and work extremely well. I hesitated buying them as they didn't "look" comfortable but I'm so glad I did. Even on very long warm rides you completely forget you are wearing them. They even fit well on my very skinny legs! Can't recommend them enough.

richmtb

I use Race Face Rally FR pads, very tough and comfortable, they are on the tight side though but it wouldn't be an issue of your legs are on the skinny side

stumpy01

I'm looking to replace my 661 Race Lite pads as they slip down when riding. Last yr in Spain I came a cropper & as the pads had slipped, my knee got no protection from a large rock that I fell onto & it was screwed for a few days.
    I have tried various things, but they just don't stay put.

I have been looking at those 661 Race pads mentioned above & the Pro ones too. I think the ones with a knee sock look more secure than just straps like the Race Lite ones have.

A couple of mates have got Dainese ones and they reckon that they stay put.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Dainese 4X and Mr MC has Dainese Pro Airs which Im not sure they make anymore (mesh back to the knee area, strap across the calf). Worn for full day rides in france and morocco and barely know they are there.

As with a lot of kit, fit is half the battle. We both wear dainese m/cycle leathers, and Mr MC used to have a full body Shuttle Pro suit that was a perfect fit so the brand obviously works for us.

supinerider
    Free Member

Avoid Brand X like the plague. They slip, itch and stretch out of shape.

woodywoodbine
    Free Member

Fox Launch are great IMO. Light, comfy and easy to pop on and off without having to take your shoes off as they have a clever criss-cross fastening that clips into the plastic knee guard at the side. Maybe not the cheapest but worth the cash.

http://www.stif.co.uk/gear/select_options.asp?productid=5160

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘good leg armour ?’ is closed to new replies.