Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Good Evans Above!
  • cookeaa

We’ve just had a new Evans turn up in Reading, didn’t know a thing about it till I popped into town the other day and there it was sat by the Oracle, I has never actually been in one or even ordered anything off them via the web/phone so I have no idea what they will be like, I have to say it lokos like it might be the biggest bike store in town now, and most one of the most central, there are a couple of smaller LBS’ that could well bite it as a result of their presence…

joemarshall
    Free Member

the one and only time I ever went into Nirvana in Wescott, the woman in there was blatently rude to me

Me too – I think it was because I only wanted a pump or a tube or something small. Although the shop was completely empty, so you'd think they could at least be helpful then, and perhaps people would come back and buy the fancy bikes?

Not to mention telling people that they originally built Summer Lightning, Regurgitator etc. and that the Redlands guys just fixed them up, when anyone who came to the dig days knows that 90% of the stuff involved complete clearing of undergrowth etc. and there blatantly were no trails underneath where the new trails go.

Joe

plop_pants
    Free Member

I've been spending the last week dealing with Evans customer services with a frame warranty issue. They (Carole especially) have been very professional
    and the outcome was way beyond my expectations. One very satisfied customer here (and always have been!).

DezB
    Free Member

@akira – don't want to keep dragging this up, but I have a suggestion for you to pass on.
    If there is a problem with someone's order – email them.
    That's where I check when I place an internet order – in my internet email.
    I'm sure that way you can get a message to the customer quicker than having to phone them. (especially in my case as it took more than a week for me to get a call).
    cheers.

brakes
    Free Member

UPDATE!
    after I bodged the chain back together 2 weeks ago, it snapped again where I'd forced a pin through, another attempt to bodge it snapped the link
    so, I went to On Your Bike at London Bridge and bought a powerlink for 99p
    bargain

DezB
    Free Member

UPDATE!
    After failing dismally to fulfill my order, this morning I get an email from Evans – "Please review your purchase"!!

How does it go? *Slaps forehead* ?

[edit] you can add a video link to your review, so I put this one – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMUGy11sb5c 😀

ScottChegg
    Free Member

My experiences of Evans haven't been all bad.

Wifey ordered a new helmet for my birthday. Shows in stock, money taken immediately. Wife waits a week and asks were it is. Sorry, they say, none in stock; we'll have to refund. Money back in bank following day. Day after, helmet arrives. They've sent it, and yet have no idea they have sent it.

So free gear. Can't be bad.

clubber
    Free Member

My friend bought a Scott genius from Evans a couple of years back. He rode 6 or so miles across London from the shop to another one of my mates' house to show it to him.

The new owner was asked if he thought the bike felt a bit funny to ride to which he replied "yes" but that since he was a roadie up until then he hadn't really known how it should feel. Turns out Evans had built it with the suspension fork the wrong way round…

Nice.

robdob
    Free Member

I go in there just to drool at the lovely fixies….

Oh no, not you too!!!! The freewheel was invented for a reason!!

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Good Evans Above!’ is closed to new replies.