Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Golfer's and Tennis Elbow
  • howarthp

I have developed both of these in my right arm and my therapist thinks that they’re cycling related. So, I am going to relegate myself to the turbo for at least a month.

Has anyone had these and any approaches to healing? I’m having friction massage (which hurts like hell). Not much useful info on the internet – most sites advocate rest and say that it’s likely to get better spontaneously ‘over time’

annebr
    Free Member

I have a support strap that does help when mine flares up.

But I also found that riding with straight bars seems to aggravate it, swapping to Mary Bars has helped relieve this.

slackalice
    Free Member

Support strap works well, as does acupuncture for me in terms of assistance.

More importantly, address the cause of the dis-ease you are experiencing. What’s going on for you at the moment? How do you feel about life? Take some time to check your state of mind; joints represent changes in direction and how at ease your are with accepting change.

howarthp

Thanks. Slackalice – your second para is spot on. Cycling is the one thing that allows me meditation time so it’s frustrating that I have to curtail it

663sqd
    Free Member

I’m afraid to say that it can take a fair while to heal. . I find massage on the outer forearm helps and surprisingly light resistance work n biceps and triceps. . And also wrap an elastic band round your fingers and resist against the band by splaying fingers outwards. .

663sqd
    Free Member

Also, check your fork pressure. . Make sure they are not up too high and rebound not to snappy. . Try thicker grips too. . All helps. . I wouldn’t stop cycling unless it becomes too painful . . Check your reach to bars too. .

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Golfer's and Tennis Elbow’ is closed to new replies.