• This topic has 14 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by karlp.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Golf VII owners…
  • ratherbeintobago

How on earth do you get the demister to work? Golf V (and every other car I’ve had) had one button that stuck the fan up to full blast and directed the airflow to the screen and then went back to original settings when cancelled; wife’s new car (manual air con) have to turn two knobs for the same effect…

thered

Where did you buy the car from?

Can’t you ask them?

wolly
    Free Member

Turn heat up, turn fans up, turn air direction to windscreen?

ratherbeintobago

Where did you buy the car from?

The dealer. I’m not spending ages waiting for them to answer the phone when I can ask the hive mind.

Turn heat up, turn fans up, turn air direction to windscreen?

Yes. Is there a quicker way? First car I’ve driven regularly that doesn’t seem to have a special button that does this

P-Jay
    Free Member

On VW’s you usually need the ‘climatronic’ option for the ‘windscreen’ button.

Otherwise you need to turn the fans to max and set the for the screen, that’s all the button does anyway.

drlex
    Free Member

^ That might explain why I have one on my Mk7. Is pretty poor, though, so hardly a big loss
    (On the other hand, pre-heating is much better)

tinybits
    Free Member

I didn’t have a ‘windscreen’ button on my mk7 gt spec car. It was just adjusting the dials.
    Bloody irritating not having a climate control in it as well – I was forever adjusting the temp. Surprising what you get used to as I never cared when driving a rusty old transit van about temp being constant!

funnyoldgirl
    Free Member

It helps if you crack the door or window open a little, VW’s are very well sealed meaning the moisture has nowhere to go and takes longer to de-mist

ratherbeintobago

(On the other hand, pre-heating is much better)

I saw the bit about that in the manual.

Car doesn’t have it.

ransos
    Free Member

Yes. Is there a quicker way? First car I’ve driven regularly that doesn’t seem to have a special button that does this

Please tell us the car has heated wing mirrors.

Nico
    Free Member

VW’s are very well sealed

Except Transporters, apparently.

somouk
    Free Member

I think you need the top spec cars with climatronic like this:

http://s1124.photobucket.com/user/rmk6/media/20160701_001450.jpg.html

slackboy

If it looks like this:

then there is no dedicated button.

if it looks like this:

then press the button at the top centre of the left hand knob

ratherbeintobago

It’s the top one.

karlp
    Free Member

2ltr diesel mk7 no point trying as they are designed to mist up the windscreen not de-mist!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Golf VII owners…’ is closed to new replies.