Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Golf Gti Mk 7
  • the_lecht_rocks

Anyone got one on order ? Specs ?

jimmy

you mean the estate, right?

the_lecht_rocks

No, the Gti.

Brycey
    Free Member

I wish. Still mourning my two mk5s, but family life has scupper end that. Is it you on here that’s got the Ed35?

njee20
    Free Member

Looks very nice. That’s as far as I’ve got!

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Would love one, but struggling to justify dropping 28k plus a 10k trade in to get one!!

andypaul99
    Free Member

GTD is going to be a better bet. 184PS diesel…bye bye clutch!

njee20
    Free Member

£27k though, in basic spec… For a Golf. Just not sure. Nice as they do look.

180bhp diesel is hardly remarkable.

br
    Free Member

Would love one, but struggling to justify dropping 28k plus a 10k trade in to get one!!

£28k for a Golf, madness.

garage-dweller

Focus ST wagon not far off that iirc.

I reckon the ST is the looker compared to the mk 6. Closer run thing on the mk7.

Cant believe they have dropped the v6 from the R version. I like fast torquey and NA. Not that its in my budget.

retro83
    Free Member

If I were buying new I’d be looking at the 125i m-sport which is the same price or thereabouts. Nice looking car though.

garage-dweller – Member
    Focus ST wagon not far off that iirc.

£23k for the ST1, so a fair bit cheaper – probably more fun too by the sound of the reviews. Just can’t get on with how they look!

boxxer7
    Free Member

Unfortunately the V6 was rather heavy. Looking forward to see the mk7 R

Skyliner
    Free Member

Ordered a GTD today! 19″ wheels, Carbon Grey, Leather, Nav Pro, Soundpack. Cant wait til July!! Difficult to choose between the GTI or GTD but currently driving a GTI 35 and the fuel bills made the choice.

boxxer7
    Free Member

What’s your mpg been like skyliner?

garage-dweller

I thought the st wagon was over 25k – optimistic dealer or higher spec maybe.
    Had been thinking about a mk5 gti as our second car – loved my tdi. New one is an unjustifiable expense. It would mean no new bikes!!!

br
    Free Member

Ordered a GTD today! 19″ wheels, Carbon Grey, Leather, Nav Pro, Soundpack. Cant wait til July!! Difficult to choose between the GTI or GTD but currently driving a GTI 35 and the fuel bills made the choice.

What, so you’ve just spent +£25k to save some money… 🙄

retro83
    Free Member

garage-dweller – Member
    I thought the st wagon was over 25k – optimistic dealer or higher spec maybe.
    Had been thinking about a mk5 gti as our second car – loved my tdi. New one is an unjustifiable expense. It would mean no new bikes!!!

ST1 is £23k, I think the top spec ST3 is more like £26k. Though I’ve heard there’s a fair bit of room for haggling on those prices.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Hmmm…

…I tried something with similar power to weight, amazing throttle adjustable handling, superb steering feel and a surprisingly comfortable ride. And the ergonomics were beyond criticism.

What was it?

A Mk 2 Golf GTI 16V

garage-dweller

Hmmmmm – may be scuttling off to Ford dealer if mondeo is genuinely stuffed after all….

Skyliner
    Free Member

MPG on the GTI35 is around 23 😯

retro83
    Free Member

garage-dweller – Member
    Hmmmmm – may be scuttling off to Ford dealer if mondeo is genuinely stuffed after all….

Here you go, this is the top spec’d one, £3k off list
    http://www.new-car-discount.com/car/ford/focus-estate/estate/petrol/manual/2.0t-st-3-5dr/12/

PJM1974
    Free Member

The MPG on my old 16v was around 35…if I showed it no mercy.

On a long run, 40+ was entirely reasonable.

I traded it in for an Alfa 156 V6…

…18mpg on a particularly enthusiastic trip up the A12.

boxxer7
    Free Member

Skyliner 23 is lower than my ed35! I’m getting around 27-30 which still isn’t great.

Skyliner
    Free Member

Most of my miles are in traffic and its the dsg, the few moments the road clears doesnt help either because its then ‘foot down’ 🙂 Love it to bits though. Hopefully the GTD will mean a more sensible me (yeah right ha)!!

wurzelcube
    Free Member

Every now and then I drool at the thought of having something gti like again… Then I see the questions on mpg and common sense kicks in.

Plus any new or nearly new car just seems so expensive now.

MrOvershoot

PJM1974 – Member

Hmmm…

…I tried something with similar power to weight, amazing throttle adjustable handling, superb steering feel and a surprisingly comfortable ride. And the ergonomics were beyond criticism.

What was it?

A Mk 2 Golf GTI 16V

I know what you mean, had a Mk 2 Scirocco GTi and it was a joy to drive.
    Brakes were a bit pants mind 😮

andypaul99
    Free Member

[quoteNice as they do look.

180bhp diesel is hardly remarkable.[/quote]

I’d wait and see on that, even the 150 diesel is rapid. I’ll get some stats on the car. The insiders are saying the GTD is mind blowing on midrange acceleration

djglover
    Free Member

Can you turn off the esp on the mk7??

timc
    Free Member

So would GTI30 & GTI35 owners recommend then apart from the fuel bills? fancy a Edition 30 DSG at the moment!

NZCol

I have a 2012 R which I swapped for my Rs4 as it was essentially a pointless exercise as having moved it was being pooled 20k a day maybe 3 times a week. Wrestling it through traffic was getting boring. The R is nice, dsg box is ok, not fantastic but ok. The Ed 30 is same engine, lighter weight so faster but I like awd for our crappy road coverings.

timc
    Free Member

what you not like about dsg?

Northwind

andypaul99 – Member

GTD is going to be a better bet. 184PS diesel…bye bye clutch!

Eh… My scabby mondeo has 110,000 miles on its original clutch and for the last 15000 of those has made 180bhp (and been driven by a tosser). Nae bother. Pretty sure VAG can manage it too.

longmover
    Free Member

My old Ibiza FR TDi was putting out 195 bhp when I got rid of it. It had 75k on the clock and was still on its original clutch. It was a great car and the midrange acceleration was phenomenal, the only real downside was that the money that I saved on fuel went towards it’s tyre eating habit.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Golf Gti Mk 7’ is closed to new replies.