Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Goldfish bowl – curtains content
  • mrchrispy

anyone here the only person in their family that is bothered about leaving the curtains open when is dark?

We are higher that the street so not a terrible issue but, its the heat we loose through the windows when its cold that actually bothers me.

I’ve suggested I set a max temp on the nest thermostat and knock .5 degrees off for every room with open curtains…..that went down well.

scotroutes

We usually close the living room curtains in the evening but all other blinds and curtains remain open all year round.

spooky_b329

Got a big bay window and it warms up significantly when the curtains are drawn across it. Equally, need to open them during the day time as the sun comes in and warms the room up even in winter.

Curtains hanging over the rads is another thing that bugs me…directing almost all the heat straight up behind the curtain.

phiiiiil

One of the best bits about running in the darker times of the year is being able to nose through the windows of people who don’t shut the curtains… 🙂

joshvegas
    Free Member

phiiiiil – Member
    One of the best bits about running in the darker times of the year is being able to nose through the windows of people who don’t shut the curtains…

What trainers do you use? Mine are useless for climbing trees…

trail_rat
    Free Member

i hate the energy loss of having the curtains and blinds open in winter – very wasteful.

how ever in the summer they stay open all season – often with the windows open.

mrchrispy

nest option is a winner….they’ll soon start saving heat when they can only get the heating upto 16 😀

unovolo
    Free Member

Don’t see the point of having curtains/blinds/shutters if your not going to close them in a evening and help retain the heat and your privacy, in the winter months ours will be shut from about 4pm onwards,
    If it was up to my missus we’d be living in perpetual darkness.

Bunnyhop

Ours get closed in the bedrooms but not in the living room.
    We’re not overlooked and often get wildlife in the garden, maybe a badger or fox, so if the security light comes on I get a good view.

The best curtain to have, is one that goes across your front door. In the cold wind last night it really kept the chill out.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Goldfish bowl – curtains content’ is closed to new replies.