Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Gold expedition
  • lewismorgan
    Free Member

Duke Of Edinburgh Gold expedition in yorkshire next weekend over the 3 peaks. Any recommendations for foods I’ve got main meals but snacks etc.?

sc-xc

Malt loaf, pitta/primula and those hot dog sausages in a can were what got me through my gold in the Lakes.

lewismorgan
    Free Member

Malt Loaf is pre-packed, one for each day 😉
    Them Hot Dogs in a can are a bit heavy!

sc-xc

Heavy – yes. But boil them up, then use the dirty sausage juice to make your soup. Then turn the can into a weapon to keep stoats at bay.

lewismorgan
    Free Member

not a bad shout, think jelly babies are worth a shout!

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

a box of cereal bars is always good, I find tesco value pretty unpalatable, but the sainsburys basics ones are alright 😛

kevonakona
    Free Member

peanuts mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm chilli peanuts

andrewh
    Free Member

Flapjacks.

I have even made a handy dispenser for eating on the run in mountain-marathon events. (works best with home-made crumbly flapjacks)

AlasdairMc

Granola bars are my favourite snack at the moment, I’ll get through a fair few of them on a ride or walk.

disben

flapjacks +1

also make some plastic bags up of raisins and nuts, one per day etc! work well. also dried apricots give you a good boost!

andrewh
    Free Member

I carry bag of dried raisins and nuts too, but this is mixed with ReadyBrek and powerdered milk and used as breakfast.

Trekster

My son went to the Black Forest in Germany for his 😆
    The Germans loved the kilt wearing Scotsmen and he got invited to BBQs and a wedding with friends he made whilst there

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Sausages and bacon and chicken all in little plastic bags and hope that you get hot weather.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Gold expedition’ is closed to new replies.