• This topic has 16 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by SST.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Going to see Deep Purple tomorrow night . . . .
  • SST
    Free Member

along with Wishbone Ash and Uriah Heep

🙂

scaredypants

combined onstage age of ….. ?

grynch
    Free Member

you're joking?.. where is that? … they are playing down the road here next month but with some unknown as warm up.

SST
    Free Member

Coca-Cola Dome – Johannesburg.

Steve Morse kicks Ritchie Blackmores ass!

Combined age has gotta be near around 700 🙂

maxray
    Free Member

In a similar vein to old bands I am going to see Slayer on Saturday.. they have postponed the gig 3 times I think since last September due to the singers bad back.

Old blokes that should know better! 😀

SST
    Free Member

LOL LOL 'due to the singers bad back.' ffs

maxray
    Free Member

I know!

To be fair all that head banging is bound to take its toll eventually 🙂

He has had a titanium plate attached to his neck. :S

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

i went to see Mark Knopfler earlier this week, he played most of the gig sat on a stool Robert Fripp style due to trapping a nerve in his back.

cinnamon_girl

Well I saw them again around 5 years ago and wish I hadn't. I was in love with Ian Gillan and his gorgeous hair, loved his voice as well.

You can't go back and just play the old stuff. Unless their music has evolved … and that's a different matter entirely.

BenH
    Free Member

Steve Morse kicks all guitarists' asses.

Saw Mountain a year or so ago, and poor old Leslie West had done something to his foot, so he was wearing a big ol' slipper. Looked an arse, but the huge tone he was getting more than made up for it. He played a lot of the gig sitting down.

SST
    Free Member

I saw Leslie West and Mountain at Knebowrth in '85 (supporting Deep Purple funnily enough)

This is one of their best tracks, and in this video (from the "Night Of the Guitars" Concert) he's introduced by Wishbone Ash! (funnily enough again!) The guitar from 3 mins on is just beautiful.

Leslie West

Steve Morse – the King of alternate picking.
    A Master Class

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

I saw Deep Purple at Donnington about 3-4 years ago loved it 🙂

mt
    Free Member

It's not Deep Purple without Richie Blackmore.

spence
    Free Member

Last saw them a couple of years back at the London Motor show! Yes, not the same as the 70's or even the 80's comback but would still go if geven the chance. Fav band………….

grumm
    Free Member

SST:

plop_pants
    Free Member

Last time I saw Deep Purple (and I'm a big fan) they were played off the stage by Lynyrd Skynyrd. Steve Morse's solos were just compilations of other bands stuff. Not good.

SST
    Free Member

@grum – I look like Bob Seger? Wanna hear my rendition of "Hollywood nights"?

Steve does sometimes do a "spot" which is a compilation of snippets from various well known solos, but I don't think it's in a "I can't think of anything on my own" way. He has too many solo albums for that to be the case 🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Going to see Deep Purple tomorrow night . . . .’ is closed to new replies.