Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Going to Dalby Forest on Sunday…
  • Alejandro
    Free Member

What I’m wondering is whether it’s possible to ride the full World Cup loop. I heard that as it goes backwards along the red route, this is not possible?

Also, I have read on another forum that its £7 to park there, which seems extortionate, especially as the petrol money it will take to get there is high enough…

CHB

Parking is free. It costs £7 to enter. Good value really when you consider that would only just get you in to see a mediocre film at Cineworld.
    There are a HUGE amount of tracks created there, do you think they were made by unpaid trail fairies?

Still next year it might be privatised, then it will be £20 to enter plus extra to park.

😉

Mugboo

well put CHB

geordiemick00
    Free Member

I went once and vowed not to go back until I’d got bored of every other trail center in the country. £7 isn’t good VFM, yes you may be able to watch a film for less but cinema’s have to pay a lot of money to buy the films, pay the rent on the building, rates, staff overheads, gas bills etc etc….

Most forests have a timber income and whilst I don’t expect to ride for free £7 ‘to use a toll road’ is a pisssss take. You can drive down the M6 toll for less. And then once you get on the trail it’s one of the most boring, featureless trails I’ve ridden. Not a single distinguishable feature that made me want to go back.

That said I followed the red route and didn’t do the world cup stage but it was never pointed out well enough to give it a try

ahsf
    Free Member

world cup stage is not much diffrent infact the full red route flows better when ridden backwards on a quite summer night.
    the old red/black from years gone by are better, as trail centers go its not the best but its close for me and alot of people love so give it go. you buy year passes wich are good value if you go alot.

bighendo
    Free Member
    simonralli2
    Free Member

Not a single distinguishable feature that made me want to go back.

That’s fair enough – I guess you either love or hate Dalby. I bought my first bike when I was living in Leeds, and used to go to Dalby loads. This was in the olden days when the old red/black could get a bit too muddy when wet. But in the dry I loved the trails, loads of fab features, and I went right over my handlebars too once on that chute steep descent. Of course to an expert rider it may be a bit dull, but Dalby built up my confidence getting me from a blue route rider to a much more confident red.

And when the new red opened that was great for winter rides, and it meant there were just miles and miles of trails that you could pick and choose how to ride.

Is £7 really that expensive? Is it per car or per person – I forget.

gab344
    Free Member

Here’s a map of the WC 2010 IMHO there is not a lot of it that follows the red at all.
    There is a good bit of it that goes round adderstone rigg that is not even on the main black loop.

Here’s a bit of the red, and the main black loop at Dalby. It sort of shows the area of the WC 2010 loop as the above map, hope this helps!

geordiemick00
    Free Member

Thanks for that gab344, I may just go back and do another lap and see if it changes my opinion 😆

I can remember playing on the course at Dixon’s hollow, which was a great little skills area 8)

ross980
    Free Member

infact the full red route flows better when ridden backwards on a quite summer night.

Ah, I’m not the only one then.

nedoverendsmole
    Free Member

park just outside and ride in to avoid the toll. Or buy a map and find some much better riding in the moors. Im not Dalby’s biggest fan 🙁

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Going to Dalby Forest on Sunday…’ is closed to new replies.