Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Going to Afan!
  • oldnpastit

Heading to Afan this weekend!

Ostensibly to pick up my son from university, but actually, that’s incidental!

That is all.

Kamakazie

There is a race on this weekend apparently so might be worth checking what will be open!

Twodogs

Justbbeen up there…definitely prepping for a race, with marked sections on the Wall and Whites….you really need to check what is open

leftyboy
    Free Member

Crap we’re there on Sat as part of a 3 day weekend!

5thElefant
    Free Member

Brechfa isn’t far.

oldnpastit

Is that the Enduro event? I think I might be a bit underbiked and underskilled if I tried to enter.

Any good suggestions for alternatives nearby? Bridleways? Brechfa is a bit of a trek.

rob8624
    Free Member

Gower is good, especially after all this dry weather down here.

Or a loop of the Black Mountain (western) out to the Fans. Or BPW, Blaengarw, etc etc

oldnpastit

Ta.

I think I’ll buy myself an OS map and see where the bridleways take me.

mrwhyte
    Free Member

Pop in to or get in contact with the Afan lodge. Richard there has logged loads of off trail rides, so I am sure if you ask they will help show you other routes.

Just make sure you pop in for lunch or dinner if not staying 😉

argoose
    Free Member

skyline, whites level just round the corner at Glyncorrowg ponds cycle center

oldnpastit

It’s very quiet. Just me and the midges.

oldnpastit

The closures didn’t really cause a problem in the end; I went round Blade on Friday evening (a bit midgy), and then Whites Level/W2/Y Wal/Penhydd/W2 and back to Glyncorrwg on Saturday.

I stayed at the Queen’s in Glyncorrwg, which was excellent.

leftyboy
    Free Member

We ended up doing CwmCarn on Friday which was excellent followed by a 6 hour route in the Elan Valley on Sat finishing at BPW on Sunday. An excellent weekend all round despite a suspension failure high siding me 100m from the cafe at BPW – last run syndrome!

sargey

We did Cwm rhaedr and Brechfa on Saturday then afan on sunday.
    Great trails but bitten to death little bas####s.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Going to Afan!’ is closed to new replies.