Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Going back to work for a previous employer
  • Pickers

Any on here done this?
    I left my previous job on good terms for another position with better prospects and a healthy raise.
    The raise was nice but the prospects seem to have petered out after a couple of years and I’m getting very fed up of the hours we’re expected to do (can be 2 full days unpaid overtime some weeks). I now have the opportunity to go back and work for the company I left 3 years ago, just concerned about fitting back in.
    Upside is it’ll be 6 miles from home so easily bikeable rather than 35 miles of M5 and M42. That’ll be nice.

5thElefant
    Free Member

It’s a job, not a marriage. Nobody cared about you then, nobody will care now. HTH.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I think if you were a valued member of staff, you’ll be fine. We’ve had people go and then come back a few years later, and people have been very pleased to see them again.

samuri
    Free Member

when you get back, tell everyone you did it to gain experience in other companies so you could bring back what you learned to make that company all the more awesome.

rkk01
    Free Member

5thElefant – Member
    It’s a job, not a marriage. Nobody cared about you then, nobody will care now. HTH.
    POSTED 3 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Naiive

jp-t853

Things will have changed a bit in that time but you generally know what to expect so that makes it much easier than starting a new job.

I did the same after 3.5 years away and I surprised myself and others at how much I had developed in that time. It was without doubt the best career move I have made and I thoroughly enjoy my role. If you are used to harder work now I think your output will be warmly received.

plumber
    Free Member

I did it once – worked really well all round – they saw what I did because everyone was lost when I left, I got paid more – everyone was happy

Pickers

5th – ta – uplifting 😉
    Ian – I’d like to think that would be the case. I’ve kept in touch with the people there I worked with and often go for a pint with them.

jam-bo

back to the same job? or higher up.

two very different prospects…

BermBandit
    Free Member

Don’t do it…. the reasons you left are still there, just becuase the new job didn’t deliver doesn’t mean the old one will mircaulously do so.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Going back to work for a previous employer’ is closed to new replies.