Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Goglles and open face helmet..
  • vinnyeh

Anyone wear goggles with a Xen or similar?
    Any reason not to do this?
    :

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Wear what you feel comfortable wearing for the environment you’re riding in. Goggle straps may not always play nicely with normal helmets, though.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Dunno but I’d be interested in the answer

mattsccm
    Free Member

Why not? It’s the same as motorcycling off road.I have done. Protec helmet with goggles. Only at places with long down hills where the wind etc plus mud and rain get in my eyes and they do a better job that glasses at keeping crud out of my contacts. pointless other wise for my purposes. .

Rockplough
    Free Member

I found goggles (Oakley Crowbar MX) didn’t play well with my Xen. I do have a weird shaped head though.

sambob
    Free Member

Work fine with dirt jump/skate helmets, unlikely with an xc lid unless there’s very little venting at the back eg. the POC helmet.

Rockplough
    Free Member

Issue with mine wasn’t so much retention, because the strap has silicone grippers on the inner surface. It was more that the goggles sat too low because the Xen comes down lower on my forehead than my full facer.

jackoinmoss
    Free Member

Put goggles on under helmet (strap on inside).

Seem to work with snowboard helmets and is what the cool kids do (snowboarding)

chrisdb
    Free Member

Any reason not to do this?

You’ll look like a knob?

jackthedog
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair of Wiley X CQC goggles for this sort of thing. Spendy (glad I didn’t pay for them) but effective.

Oggles
    Free Member

I have done it before in darkest Wales when it was über wet. Worked well. I have a Hex though, and the strap fits perfectly underneath the ‘step’ on the back.
    Untitled by ben_oggles, on Flickr

thomthumb
    Free Member

my goggles steam up with to much climbing. if there’s not any climbing then i can wear a full face.

I have worn them with a piss pot though. seems to work ok.

stevede
    Free Member

I use goggles with my xen in the winter when cold wind and mud mean i make the conscious decision to look a bit silly on the downs rather than be partially blind and mincing my way down. Obviously they don’t work for the whole ride if you have some climbing to do as they would steam up pretty quickly.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Piss pot – yes
    XC lid – no

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I used some with my Uvex XP100 on the Snowdon rangers path. Seem to work well, and I didn’t notice any discomfit. There again, my attention was kind of elsewhere during that particular escapade.

I bought some TK maxx cheapies specifically for the purpose and it was only at the bottom that CandoDavid pointed out the fact that the head band had A.R.S in big letters down the side. How we laughed! They still did the job though.

You can just about seen the strap position in this picture.

DavidM
    Free Member

Looks way cool non?

I use mine with a Hex a fair bit. They are good for the overgrown woods and windy big mountain/fast stuff where my eyes water up rather quickly or on rains days. I love ’em

fourbanger
    Free Member

Maybe you can make motorbike noises as well.

alpin
    Free Member

works well with Hex. i even super glued some velcro strips onto the back of my helmet so that the goggles would stay in place.

it’s good in the snow and rain. i’m usually having too much fun and riding too fast to care what people think….

Skyline-GTR
    Free Member

If it works for you, then who cares?
    GO FOR IT !!!!!

bruneep

fourbanger – Member
    Maybe you can make motorbike noises as well.

No need I put a bit of plastic on chain stay into the spokes so that it makes the noise for me. RRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

maxray
    Free Member

No need I put a bit of plastic on chain stay into the spokes so that it makes the noise for me. RRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

A bit of plastic plant pot works a treat. Had one on my grifter 🙂

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Goglles and open face helmet..’ is closed to new replies.