Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Goggles – what's good value?
  • razorrazoo

Checking kit for Morzine visit next weekend and pulled my old Utopia goggles out and found them a little worse for wear.

Don’t use goggles that much so what’s good for not much cash, seen some Smith Fuel with 2 lenses but is it worth getting a darker lenses as only used clear in the past?

Helmet is a TLD D2 for fit.

honourablegeorge

100% Accuri very good… Racecraft spendier but even better

razorrazoo

Was looking at the 100%, any opinion on the Strata too?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Ones that fit 😉 I’d be tempted to pick some up in morzine with lots of choice

honourablegeorge

Not tried Strata.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Accuri here too.

johnw1984
    Free Member

I think goggles are a bit like helmets in regards to fitting different people.

I bought some Stratas from Chain Reaction and found that they pinched my nose making it difficult to breathe (with a MET Parachute).

I’ve trimmed some of the foam away from the nose section but it’s still not 100%. It’s not a big deal as I don’t use them often.

rhid

I have 100% Accuri and Oakley ones (cannot remember which exactly) and both are great. The oakleys came with mirror and clear lenses too.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Melon goggles are pretty good and cheapish too (c.£30).

I’ve got some Oakley O frames which aren’t too pricey and fit will with my TLD lid.

stevied
    Free Member

100% Racecraft gave me a much better field of vision compared to my old Oakley’s. Used with a D3 and fit great. Came with clear, tinted lenses and tear-offs..

nwmlarge
    Free Member

Value wise, Oakley MX. They are about £25 and then buy a set of mirrored lens’ and job done.

http://www.freestylextreme.com/product/list/5?q=goggles

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Picked up a couple of pairs Oakley O-frames from ebay and here for less than £15 each. Replacing lenses with vented versions (clear and tinted), also from ebay for a tenner each.

razorrazoo

Thanks for all the replies, dug out an old pair of Oakley Os but they’ve seen better days to. Was very tempted by the 100%s but found a set of Smith Fuel V2 on the bay with 2 x lens plus a pack of tear offs for £31 with a colour to match my helmet so plumper for them, they have outriggers to aid helmet fit which helped swing it.

chrismac

Oakley. But go and buy them from your local Motorcross shop, loads cheaper for a simple set with clear lenses.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

100% goggles here. They are massive and i look like a right tit wearing them. I love them!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Goggles – what's good value?’ is closed to new replies.