Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • God help me – what washing machine?
  • neilforrow

my WM broke, and I am starting to stink… so time to get a new one…

>6kg load
    front loading
    1600 rpm

all for about £300

Anyone got any recommendations… as there are loads out there. (get it)
    Neil

2hottie
    Free Member

We have a Samsung and it gets a lot of use an still hasn't missed a beat. Easy to use and so on bit pricey but I rate it highly. Any of these should fit the bill.
    http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/home-appliances/laundry/washing-machines/index.idx?pagetype=subtype

jon1973
    Free Member

Our Zanussi 6kg, 1600 spin has been going strong for years. I know a few people with Zanussi's and they seem to be pretty reliable on the whole.

geoffj

Any white goods with moving bits have got to be Bosch IMHO (Irrational I know 😆 )

We have a 7kg jobbie version (editied for the chilren below 😆 )

This one

warton
    Free Member

Miele, pay the extra. you'll still have it in 15 years

Del

snigger.

Lionheart
    Free Member

Every thing white here is Bosch though like Mercs, they don't make them the way they used to but still have not gone to anything else!

jd-boy
    Free Member

I was going to post how long my machine had been going but I knew if I did this it would go tits up on the next wash.

thejesmonddingo

+1 for Miele.
    Ian

neilforrow

geoffj – if the bosch can deal with jobbies, hell, its a clear winner.

Warton… looked at those… they do one for £1300. For a washing machine FFS!!! it better last a long time.

TimP
    Free Member

My daughter likes ours, but being a man I have no idea what it is…

TheFopster
    Free Member

I'd suggest Siemens, but it'll get the children going again. Bosch like quality at lower price from my expreience. Very happy with mine, and 5yr warranty good (not up to Miele standards but neither is the price)

mefty
    Free Member

My washing machine packed up the other day, had a repairer round who said it was not worth mending. His view was Zanussi are good at the value end of the market and Bosch (the ones built in Germany, rather than elsewhere) are the best – better than Miele now. I have no view as I don't have extensive experience but thought I would pass on the advice.

joolsburger
    Free Member

My Bosch gets used about 10 times a week and it now 10 years old. Have had two kids in that time and wash all my muddy bike gear in it too. It's the bottom of the range as well.

joolsburger
    Free Member

bruneep

anything but a hotpoint…..its shite sounds like box of bolts on a trampoline.

toby1

How broke was it? I fixed mine with some new brushes a while back all for about £20 – instructions for replacement all on the tinterweb these days.

unsponsored
    Free Member

I have a Bosch washing machine that will be available in a week or two when we move house as the new place has an integrated one.

I'd have another Bosch one no issue. We have a bosch dish washer that has also never missed a beat.

l45key
    Free Member

Just bought a Zanussi, to replace the previous Zanussi which ran for 12 year, only cost me £240. 6kg but only 1400 spin. From Comet.

MrNutt
    Free Member

LG FTW

TomB

Consider buying from John Lewis on line for great warranty/back up. Good experiences here.

MrNutt
    Free Member

yep +1 for John Lewis, thats where I picked up my LG from, in Swindon Glen McArther Outlet they do all kindsa white goods, give em a call?

neilforrow

looks like a bosch from JL then…

toby1 – the printed circuit board has shat itself, and servis have gone bust and aint got the parts.

unsponsered – where are you based???

petefromearth

get a free one

we got a perfectly good hotpoint off freecycle, a few years old but its been going strong for over a year

me and a bearded singlespeed friend also carried a free washing machine about 1 mile when we were on our way back from the pub!

don't know about where you live, but round here (bristol) people chuck stuff out when it still works fine!

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I got a Beko WME7247W 1400 spin £273 from M&S delivered & Fitted excellent machine quiet loads of programmes.

moniex
    Free Member

Another +1 for the miele. Pay the extra IMO. I had a bosch and it was rubbish. All sorts of trouble with it (buttons, front panel, door fell off!). I have been told some bosch are made in Spain and these are not as good?!?! Not sure, but friends had trouble with them too (and mine was not cheap).

We were either going to get a really cheap one and throw when broken, or invest in a good one (miele). We are glad we did, 6 years on and 10-15 very full loads a week and still not missed a turn :o).

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘God help me – what washing machine?’ is closed to new replies.