Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 170 total)
  • Go with the Flow: Leith Hill video
  • MTB-Idle
    Free Member

Great weather and buff trails this weekend. Here's a little video I shot and edited of the Leith Hill trails including a couple of good crashes to spice things up

Let me know what you think

stugus
    Free Member

yeah nice, looks like your all havin a blast!

What tune is that by the way?

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

It's errr… Go with the Flow by Queens of the Stone Age from the elpee Songs for the Deaf

brakes
    Free Member

at least the tune is good 😉

hora
    Free Member

Looks good fun. What camera did/do you use?

simonralli2
    Free Member

Great video. Good choice of clips and looks like there are loads of fun sections there.

djglover
    Free Member

It started badly and went downhill from there.

hora
    Free Member

I liked it djglover. The falls were just falls and it looks like everyone had a good time. THATs the point?

tails
    Free Member

why do some riders hang there weight so far back when going down chutes and it sounded like there was a lot of brake dragging, still that is besides the point looked like you had a great time and there were some nasty tumbles there anyone get hurt? i like the look of that morewood and pics.

Johnboy373
    Free Member

Good Vid mate. Its good to see I'm not the only one who end up going a$re over tit.

will
    Free Member

Those crashes are brilliant 😆 I'd have slow motioned them. But as others have said, certainly does look fun!

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

hora – Member

Looks good fun. What camera did/do you use?

cheers Hora, I use the movie mode on a Canon A550 and another rider also shot some on his Sony DSC-W55 so just two little compact cameras really

itsallgood

Nice vid.

grumm
    Free Member

Maybe it's harder than it looks on video? 😉

heihei

Ha ha – saw you videoing the section just off the top of the tower. We were the two standing at the bottom of the drop having just finished our own photo session – I can just about make myself out in the top right corner! Shame no-one took the better line on that drop – you can launch it from where you were standingn to video!!

djglover
    Free Member

Its harder and more technical if you skid straight down the fall line

Jim_Kirk
    Free Member

good videos dude, made my breakfast more enjoyable!

freeridenick
    Free Member

now I know why there are so many braking ruts everywhere these days..

jedi

bunch of riders out having fun 🙂

hora
    Free Member

bunch of riders out having fun

Amen, because of course all the dissenters are freeride Gods 🙄

mikey74
    Free Member

It says below the video you rode WOM and Deliverence 2: What trails are those?

Apart from Deliverence I don't recognise much of that: Is it all on Leith Hill?

freeform5spot
    Free Member

cant get vimeo to work – do you have a youtube link?

njee20
    Free Member

Bit repetitive for my liking.

'Its harder and more technical if you skid straight down the fall line'

It also **** the trail up and exhibits a total lack of skill!

spacemonkey

Isn't WOM the tree section in Redlands?

mikey74
    Free Member

Do you mean "Wave of Mutilation"? Because I thought all those trails had been closed down. I was gutted as that was probably my favourite trail on Leith Hill.

ajc
    Free Member

Hora you hardly need to be a freeride god to not skid all the way down deliverance. You can ride most of those drops with no brakes on at all. Also if you keep a bit of weight forward over the front wheel rather than leaning right off the back you are far less likely to get bounced off line on a tree root leading to stacks as demonstrated.

freeridenick
    Free Member

also riding deliverance is not a good thing really because

a: Its shit
    b: its a very sensitive area and there have been countless signs up over the years asking riders not to use it due to its history as an ancient boundary bank.

there is far better riding all around there…

spacemonkey

Yes, I was referring to Wave of Mutilation. Not sure what the score is up on Redlands these days – various non-bike friendly signs, etc, even on the fire roads.

woodsman
    Free Member

I could only download a few minutes of that vid, but looks like what I rode on Sunday except Deliverence. It does look a bit keystone cops on bikes at times, but fair play, you are all having fun – hope no one was hurt!?

mikey74
    Free Member

I might give Wave of Mutilation a go this weekend, as it appears to be fully open 😆

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

heihei – Member
    Ha ha – saw you videoing the section just off the top of the tower. We were the two standing at the bottom of the drop

Hi HeiHei (ha ha, ho, ho)

I was the first rider down and took the slightly harder line off to the right (looking down from the top) on the Prince Albert. My riding buddy was at the top filming those bits. Are your efforts going up on the net somewhere? I'm always interested in seeing fellow locals riding/videoing efforts.

Mikey74, yes, it's pretty much all on Leith Hill. Come out with us next time and I'll show you round.

Re the brake dragging, yes there was a bit of that going on but I'm not going to try and defend it, we were just a group of mates out on our bikes and for example, one of the blokes is aged 56 and first rode Deliverance earlier this year so good luck to him.

Actually, perhaps we could make it so that you had to pass some kind of test to be allowed to ride round there and then have to show your 'fit to ride' licence at the top of each trail before being allowed to ride it?

No-one was hurt, thanks for the concern to a couple of you who raised the question.

Sorry, it's not on youtube, I prefer Vimeo

FreerideNick, the bit after Deliverance that exits onto Waggledance (if you ride that direction rather than looping right round to Coldharbour) is the ancient boundary bank surely and not the roll-in itself?

jedi

i'd have liked to have been part of that. looked like fun regardless of anyones ungodlike riding

mikey74
    Free Member

Mikey74, yes, it's pretty much all on Leith Hill. Come out with us next time and I'll show you round.

Cheers mate. How do I find out when the rides are taking place?

sootyandjim
    Free Member

MTB-Idle – The ancient boundary line which riders have (for at least 5 years) been asked not to ride over is below 'Deliverance'. When you exit to the left of the old tin hut you hit a bridleway but some folk, rather than follow it down into Coldharbour and then dog-leg back to the Redlands trails, ride over what looks initially like a mud bank but is actually an ancient enclosure boundary.

Unfortunately so many people ride over it the entire trail before has become shaped so that it is the 'natural' line to ride. Many measures have been taken to try and stop people riding it, such as trying to shape the surrounding foliage to block the route, placement of temporary fencing to steer people away etc but many DFL MTBers don't seem to give two hoots where they ride and what is damaged in the process.

Glad you enjoy the Leith Hill area, I spent many happy hours riding the area when I lived local but please, can you try and convince your pals to keep away from the more sensitive areas as MTB access is by no means a given in that area and for many locals the banning of MTBs would be welcomed.

Happy trails.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

will do Jim

heihei

No videos but a couple of photos….

mikey74
    Free Member

Nice. Where is that on Leith Hill?

Also, someone a while ago mentioned a really technical trail from the top of Leith Hill. They mentioned it started by the picnic benches off to the right (as you look south). Does anyone know about this trail?

Dango
    Free Member

Richard, a female rider commented on another forum:

Who is Richard Sear? Just watched that video he did on the Downs of about a million middle aged men with their back wheels completely locked, dragging the sh1t out of what was probably a very nice trail.

😆

heihei

Mikey74 – it's the drop off to the left just before you descend the steep/rooty hill from the tower. Dunno it's "trail name".

There is a trail where you said. I wouldn't call it esp technical – it has a couple of v small jumps.

joemarshall
    Free Member

Also, someone a while ago mentioned a really technical trail from the top of Leith Hill. They mentioned it started by the picnic benches off to the right (as you look south).

There used to be one straight down to Landslip Carpark that was a bit scary and steep.

If it is the one I think, whatever you do, don't ride it without sending someone down slowly to check that no-one is parked at the trail exit / walking in the way, as you can pop out into the car-park at quite high speed if you're not careful, and that would be bad.

Joe

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 170 total)

The topic ‘Go with the Flow: Leith Hill video’ is closed to new replies.