Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Go Pro techy help please
  • gorillainthepeak
    Free Member

Just back from holiday on the Costa Brava where I did a couple of brilliant rides with pureriding.eu (well worth a trip)

My Go Pro was out of charge so one of the guides lent me a Hero 4 which I put my sd card in. I’ve downloaded the footage onto my laptop but when I try to watch the vids they don’t play properly, constantly skipping from one still to another. They seem to have loaded as the same MP4 file as normal.

Can anyone more tech than me suggest what might be causing this and know if and how it can be corrected please?

Cheers

chrisdw
    Free Member

Was it a newer model that yours? Ie filming in higher res?

My laptop goes frame by frame when trying to play really good quality hd video.

gorillainthepeak
    Free Member

Not newer I don’t think as mine is the new budget option, but pretty sure it was the Hero 4 which is a more expensive model…

geuben
    Free Member

Look at the properties of a video file from your GoPro and one of the ones that won’t play. That will probably show you that they are different resolutions and bit rates (if yours was the basic one and his a Black edition)

Your laptop probably isn’t good enough to play the 4k files from the Hero4 Black

gorillainthepeak
    Free Member

Tried them on my wife’s MacBook and they work. Problem solved. Cheers chaps

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Go Pro techy help please’ is closed to new replies.