• This topic has 43 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • go pro fork cam
  • jedi

dunno if i posted this before but it was my fist go with a go pro

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuOhknS2WsI[/video]

mintimperial

Nice! Interesting angle and a frankly alarming amount of woodwork… 🙂

pitcherpro
    Free Member

Good stuff ! I did it once but had it higher up the downtube looking through the fork arch . Was ok until you used full travel 😉

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Nice!

Ymake it look so simple…..

jedi

lol 🙂 it is

thepurist

“It’s just singletrack” eh Tony? Yeah right….

saladdodger
    Free Member

bloody hell amazing how much steering goes on ace angle to shoot from

and you shore you built would keep my wood burner going for years 😉

jedi

yep! 🙂

kaesae
    Free Member

Nice backgreen 😉

jedi

eh??? whats back green?

bruneep

it was my fist go

I was scared to click on the vid.

carlos
    Free Member

Lovley skills and a very nice playground

philconsequence
    Free Member

McFly called, they want your autograph 😉

(great position for the camera dude!)

theprawn
    Free Member

tyres in the way.

5lab

I think I’ve asked this before but is there any way to get a play on that other than a skills course? do you have ‘come and ride’ days at all?

theprawn
    Free Member

you should probably just book a skills course. the guys got to make a living.

5lab

I agree the guys got to make a living, but *if* I came on a skills course it’d have to be one-to-one kinda thing as I think my riding is already past the ‘standard’ skills course kinda things (I’m happy riding double-black DH, for example). I can’t really afford £180 on a days 1-to-1 coaching. I figure, if Jedi is around anyway, teaching someone some skills, he might be happy to have ‘uncoached’ riders pay to play on his trails – I’d be happy to pay a tenner or so to just ride around..

theprawn
    Free Member

oh you’re too good for skills training, sorry, my mistake.

5lab

no, I’m not too good, but I don’t think I’d get much benefit from the public courses (if they are at the level suggested on his site). I can’t justify £180 for a course that would benefit me, but I can justify £10 to ride round some nice trails.

theprawn
    Free Member

haven’t you got any friends you could do an advanced group session with? you must have some mates who ride the double black trails with you, feeding off each other, high 5’ing and stuff?

i’m trying to help you out here.

sobriety
    Free Member

I think it’s pay or be invited, it was invite only when I rode there back in 2005, I really need to pester my mate who rides there again, since I’ve now developed the testicular fortitude to actually try stuff outside of my comfort zone…

5lab

haven’t you got any friends you could do an advanced group session with? you must have some mates who ride the double black trails with you, feeding off each other, high 5’ing and stuff?

i’m trying to help you out here.

I do have mates who ride similar stuff at a similar level – sadly they’re all poorer/tighter than me, so at the current rates (which i understand what feeds into them) – its a no-go (I’ve asked a couple of times). We’ve done full weeks in the alps for £250 before (travel, accom, lift passes), and whilst £120 on a day’s tuition is great if you can afford it, its not the easiest thing to justify to folk.

I had 2 weeks riding with guides/tutors in whistler a few years back, which definitely improved my riding, but not as much as I thought it might have done. I’d love to try one of Jedi’s courses, but without the money to do so at the moment, I’d also love to try his trails for less 🙂

nols
    Free Member

Herts is a member only venue 5LAB, you’d have to check with Tony but its a tricky one. Been riding there for 5 years now, only ever invited one friend to ride. He fell off within 5 minutes, he was ok, he managed to break the fall with his face. We have serious ‘Issues’ with insurance etc hence the members only deal. Riders are invited on Tony’s judgement.
    Pretty unlikely that you’d get an invite if he doesn’t know you. As ThePrawn says, get on a course and the chances are you’ll get a chance to ride it if you’re up to it.

nols
    Free Member

As for feeling that you’d be held back by the level of the other riders on a public day, it’s not geared like that, whilst its ‘public’ Tony pushes each rider beyond their individual comfort zones. Everyone leaves having progressed.

philconsequence
    Free Member

Riders are invited on Tony’s judgement.
    Pretty unlikely that you’d get an invite if he doesn’t know you. As ThePrawn says, get on a course and the chances are you’ll get a chance to ride it if you’re up to it.

As for feeling that you’d be held back by the level of the other riders on a public day, it’s not geared like that, whilst its ‘public’ Tony pushes each rider beyond their individual comfort zones. Everyone leaves having progressed.

yup! the amount of time, money, love and enthusiasm that’s gone into building herts boggles the mind. If it was mine i’d keep it invite only too! if you got yourself on group/public session and hardly anybody else turns up you might end up with near 1:1 tuition anyway 🙂

Euro
    Free Member

oh you’re too good for skills training

Tony pushes each rider beyond their individual comfort zones. Everyone leaves having progressed.

From what i’ve seen (only in Tony’s vids mind you) there doesn’t appear to be much of a challenge at Herts for riders (like 5lab) who wouldn’t think twice before tearing down a double black. The wooden stuff looks like fun and i’d love a play on it. But the jumps are tiny, the rocky stuff is tame and the berms/trails themselves look straightforward and appear to have the beginner in mind.

nmdbase
    Free Member

Is your bike running on diesel 🙂 sounds like a tractor 😆

GW
    Free Member

backgreen = grass area at the back of council houses, bit like a garden only poorer quality and often shared. 😉

walleater

LOLOLOLOLOLOL at Euro. I’ve ridden countless double blaaaaaacks at Whistler, Norf Shore etc, but the only time I’ve been to Herts I minced around on the Lowdown and cried like a girl.

Euro
    Free Member

Any vids/pics of this sex-changing Lowdown trail?

srphoto
    Free Member

T2 by sroystonphotography, on Flickr

Nothing too challenging eh 😉

rOcKeTdOg

Was there a cat caught in ur chain device?

Euro
    Free Member

srphoto – Member

Nothing too challenging eh

Nice! Reminds me of the ghetto quarter pipes I used to make/ride as a kid. If you’ve never rode a vert ramp I can see how that would look intimidating but personally i’d have no bother on that.

Good pic Sam, any more?

GW
    Free Member

Euro that’s not a Quarter.. it’s a vert drop-in and it’s accessed via a high narrow skinny with a tricky turn (look behind Tony in the pic).

Herts is… er.. actually, I’m lost for words (for once) 8O. but put it this way, if I wanted to ride half the stuff there with Tony I’d need to re-learn how to ride! (and I certainly wouldn’t call myself a beginner)

HermanShake
    Free Member

That photo looks wrong, glad the skinny approach was explained; it were bending me noggin!

Nice bit of camera work Jedi, I prefer seeing how the bike behaves than a bike/riderless shot of the approaching trail. How did you mount it?

Euro
    Free Member

Ah! So the drop is the easy bit at the end 😆

Had a go on the Darkside at Mabie a few years back. Found it tricky enough in places, especially the uphill bit at the start. Wobbling over something completely alien singing the feem-toon from kickstart was good craic. Not exactly a common sight where I ride though.

GW
    Free Member

Euro – You’d be completelty out your league.
    clean the Darkside and you might be ready to tackle that roll-in

5lab

I’d be fine on that rollin if the run-up was a decent width. Sadly, its probably (judging by the video) skinny as ****, so I’d have fallen off way before (skinny wood is my nemesis).

Are any of public courses shore-specific? I could see myself getting good value for money out of one of them..

GW
    Free Member

I’d be fine on that rollin if..

Rollins is pissed at the very thought..

stevenc
    Free Member

That looks cool. Wish that was part of my local trail

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘go pro fork cam’ is closed to new replies.