Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Go Pro as a camera
  • russianbob
    Free Member

I’m in need of a new digital camera. I quite fancy a Go Pro. Hooked up to an iPhone with the Go Pro app would I be happy with this as my digital camera?

njee20
    Free Member

It’s got a fisheye lens, so all your pics will be ‘distorted’, otherwise yes.

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

It’s got a fisheye lens, so all your pics will be ‘distorted’, otherwise yes.

This is very true, and something that you may not have been aware of, so it’s something useful to point out.

However, there are lots of people making adapters, that you can mount to the front of the camera to use other existing lenses.

For example http://www.back-bone.ca/

or slightly more expensive http://letusdirect.com/cart/anamorphx-gp.html

Have a google, there may be some other ones out there I’ve missed.

Milkie
    Free Member

I quite fancy a Go Pro. Hooked up to an iPhone…

Why not just use your iPhone as a camera? I think a £50 point and shoot camera would take better photos than a GoPro.

Time to post a GoPro Photo!

Distortion and rolling shutter effect

munrobiker
    Free Member

I had my first go at using a gopro as a camera recently and was unimpressed. Here are some 12mp shots after a lot of fiddling- I had to really muck about with colours and effects to get them into a state I was sort of happy with. Also no use for panoramas due to the distortion. There is a lot of noise. I am not a camera nut but won’t use the gopro as a camera again.

Here’s two photos from the £150 bridge camera I also took with me for some contrast. The image is clearer, colours better and the panoramas work.

russianbob
    Free Member

Thanks for the tips. Rugidised camera it is then.

skindog
    Free Member

Munrobiker, was that second photo of Linn O’Dee?

I occassionally borrow a go pro and invariably take a selfie just trying to get the thing on. Otherwise I’ve been relying on my iPhone. Which has been good enough for all the ‘I’ve been there’ photos i tend to take on a trip.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Go Pro as a camera’ is closed to new replies.