Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Go Outdoors – miserable *****
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

in fairness…

hora: miserable ****

mav12
    Free Member

I am fishing while reading this guy on the next peg must t think i am a nutter laughing at water

hora
    Free Member

Kevevs get off my thread.

hora: miserable ****

Just wait until you’ve had two years of a baby crying! 😉 😆

binners

I’m with Hora

binnerstshirts.com

already there….

😆

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

bravohotel8er – Member
    Now is the winter of our discount tents.

Genius! 🙂

peterfile
    Free Member

I phone Go Outdoors quite a lot, to check whether they still have (or have enough of) the often totally random thing I’m about to drive 15 miles for (their stock levels update once a day and don’t tell you how many they have).

I speak to the Clydebank and Coatbridge stores and it must get annoying when someone calls and asks you to go and count how many Black Diamond Oval wiregates are hanging on the rail at the other side of the store(especially when you probably have no idea what one even looks like).

All of them have been pretty helpful to be honest 🙂

Don’t get me wrong, i’d never go in looking for advice, but they can’t afford to employ hundreds of “experts” at the prices they offer their products.

People often say “support your local store”, well if my local store didn’t sell stuff at 30% more than GoOutdoors (or other online vendors), I might just do that, but I’m not rich enough to piss away money on stuff where I know exactly what I want just to support a shop I have no more connection with than GoOutdoors.

binners

I would pay good money to watch Hora in a public-facing customer service role, in a retail environment, for a day. On minimum wage. In Poundland. 3 days before Christmas 😀

yossarian
    Free Member

good work 🙂

hora
    Free Member

I worked in Woolies for 3yrs on circa £2.50 an hour on the music/VHS etc dept. I didn’t think twice to go the 1/2 mile down to the basement to look for more stock for a customer or show/find something for a customer.

So its doubley annoying when you hear ‘everything we have is on display’.. true with some stores with small stock rooms but not every bloody one!

peterfile
    Free Member

Welcome to the internets

chakaping
    Free Member

They’re all utterly delightful at the Harlow shop. Really much more cheerful and helpful than most shop staff.

Is it just a Mancunian thing Hora?

binners

Maybe they’ve been pre-warned about a propensity for warranty claims. From every bike shop in the UK

Before long every retailer in the UK will have a picture of you, next to the ones of shoplifters, saying DO NOT SELL ANYTHING TO THIS MAN. UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES! YOU’LL NEVER HEAR THE LAST OF IT!

And at least we’re now a bit wiser as to why Woolies went bust

😆

hora
    Free Member

Not sure- I’ve had sterling service from Richer Sounds but then Richer sounds staff wherever I’ve been seem to be into what they are selling which helps enormously. The staff can’t be on fantastic money can they?

fervouredimage
    Free Member

My mum taught me to be polite to customer service/staff etc

What else did she teach you?

hora
    Free Member

And at least we’re now a bit wiser as to why Woolies went bust

and Habitat 😆

binners

You did for them too?! 😉

hora
    Free Member

Nah I left them in 2003 when I realised how badly run the place was.

wwaswas

*wanders over to the classifieds and waits for string of “FS Cheap: Tent used once” ads*

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Go Outdoors – miserable *****’ is closed to new replies.