• This topic has 124 replies, 84 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by bol.
Viewing 5 posts - 121 through 125 (of 125 total)
  • Go on, who else is a Failure
  • TiRed

“Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value.”

It’s generally considered bad form to discuss salary matters in front of the children. Mine, by the way, are one of my measures of success or failure. Success on Sunday’s ride around Swinley 😀 HUGE failure yesterday 😳

Drac

But are you a happy failiure?

I am and I’m also be flexible with the truth, my basic wage makes me a failure well just but add my shift allowance and I’m a roaring success.

KT1973
    Free Member

I think Oldgit is getting close to enlightenment with his mother’s quote about having your health. Certain occurances in life will make you realise it’s only money, a house or a car……
    Capitalism is showing the cracks in it’s foundations big time now. I was very motivated by money for some time and it certainly has it’s benefits but there’s also plenty it can’t buy.
    Remember- “The things you own end up owning you”.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

At the end of the day money means nothing. I earn enough to be ‘comfortable’ in my eyes. That’s all I need as long as I can provide for my family.

My family are my saviour. If it wasn’t for them I’d be dead so I consider myself a success.

bol

I’m a lucky bugger. I’ve got a fairly meaningful job, a family I love, a decent house and a couple of nice bikes.

I’m not a failure, by this measure or my own, but even so, I’m not sure I’m truly happy or fulfilled. An analyst might suggest that’s pretty apparent from my fruitless attempts to find short term pleasure from buying shiny pieces of bicycle.

I think the bloke who posted the original comment is probably feeling a bit of a tool at the moment – but everyone’s measure of success and fulfilment are different.

Viewing 5 posts - 121 through 125 (of 125 total)

The topic ‘Go on, who else is a Failure’ is closed to new replies.