Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Go Ape site at Glentress
  • cupra
    Free Member
    thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

My forrest, my precious!!!!!!!!!!

mine

Mine

MINEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pixelmix
    Free Member

I suppose the lavish new visitor centre starts to make a little more sense then. In the other threads, there was a lot of scepticism about filling it, but I suppose the Go-Ape visitors will bump up the numbers slightly.

jonb
    Free Member

Seems like a good enough idea to me. Doesn’t really affect the riding and will produce more income so there is less likelyhood of them whacking up the prices to ride.

They have one at Dalby IIRC.

iainc

Great Idea IMO. Now if I go with the family not only is there a cleaner, warmer, more spacious cafe/change area, but also more activities for the younger ones, so we can make a full day of it Bring it on. 🙂

crazy-legs

That was the reason for the (very smart) new visitor centre and cafe at Grizedale, the fact that the Go-Ape there was attracting thousands of extra visitors. Makes a lot of sense.

richmtb

The Go Ape facilities tend to be reasonably self contained as well. See no reason why it wouldn’t be a success at Glentress, it will only bring more money to the forest which can only be a good thing

cupra
    Free Member

Having done the one at aberfoyle I think it would work well at GT. Will there be enough parking though?

Drac

Seems a great idea, like mentioned up there near centre and some the facilities. Good for jobs in the area too.

munkyboy
    Free Member

oh ffs

seriously? why not put a drivethru in as well

should have left it the way it is, charged everyone visiting £1 and spent it on trails and a cable car at innners. seems odd that they seem to be forgetting why everyone is there in the first place, and that it needs to grow rather than look nice to draw more people in….

oh and stop clear felling areas around the trails, the tourism must be worth more than the trees, they ruined most of ae that way

having a bad day – rant over

Northwind

Ah, I was wondering when the thread was going to get some random negativity with no sense of proportion, nice one

Drac

Hahahe Chairlift at Inners.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

the forest is not ring fenced for one activity

attitudes like that may in part explain why the cafe operator is changing IGMC

carbon337
    Free Member

seriously? why not put a drivethru in as well

Well IMO if your looking for isolation and countryside get yourself on some other border rides. You know what your getting with GT – its a biking theme park.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Great idea.

druidh
    Free Member

Aye – charge everyone £1 for GT, fund the trail building and put the left-overs towards a chairlift at Innerleithen.

By the time sufficient funds have been gathered, the hill at Inners will have been eroded by glaciation anyway.

Drac

Well IMO if your looking for isolation and countryside get yourself on some other border rides. You know what your getting with GT – its a biking theme park.

/applause

iainc

drac +1

and a damn fine one at that 😀

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Go Ape site at Glentress’ is closed to new replies.