Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Gnome 3
  • codybrennan
    Free Member

What an abomination.

andytherocketeer

correct.
    unity too.

thegiantbiker
    Free Member

I’m still using 10.10 as I really don’t see the point of either Gnome 3 or Unity. Keeping an eye on Elementary OS for their next release; looks like they’re doing some pretty good stuff.

Conqueror
    Free Member

I’m still using 10.10 as I really don’t see the point of either Gnome 3 or Unity. Keeping an eye on Elementary OS for their next release; looks like they’re doing some pretty good stuff.

You can use GNOME 2xx in 11.04 and 11.10… all you need to do is specify “Ubuntu classic” at the login… it will then load GNOME 2 instead of unity

GregMay
    Free Member

I thought they took the Gnome 2 option out of 11.10?

ds1
    Free Member

Yes, it’s horrible – after using Ubuntu for a three years it made me look around at other distros. Now I’m using KDE with opensuse, had to swap the system fonts which were a bit yukky but now please I’ve done it.

Conqueror
    Free Member

that looks to be the case… still hardly any fiddling involved to get it

GNOME 3.2 is included and is a major upgrade from GNOME 2.32 included in Ubuntu 11.04. GNOME Classic is no longer installed by default, but can be enabled after installation completes by installing gnome-panel

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/OneiricOcelot/ReleaseNotes?action=show&redirect=OneiricOcelot%2FTechnicalOverview

Conqueror
    Free Member

I’ve been using Xubuntu a fair bit even on a modern machine, it flies

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Gnome 3’ is closed to new replies.