Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 217 total)
  • Gnarly Gnarly Cutgate Video…
  • Lawmanmx
    Free Member

😆 Mint, and gnarly of course 🙂

MrNice
    Free Member

thank god he didn’t try the cheeky alternative descent, based on the rest of his riding he’d struggle to walk it

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Brilliant! ?

singlespeedstu

He is taking the piss isn’t he?
    Shirley he can’t really be like that.

ceepers

Surely he needs to replace Claudio doing the wc dh course checks?!!!

rickon
    Free Member

He is taking the piss isn’t he?
    Shirley he can’t really be like that.

I thought the same.

I reckon we should have a whip round, and pay him to do a practice run on all thr EWS stages, with a GoPro and running commentary.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Quality ! Reading his summary of the video he was being serious, when one gnarly isn’t enough go for three. 🙂

twonks

ceepers – Member

Surely he needs to replace Claudio doing the wc dh course checks?!!!

That’s the first thing I thought as well.

Northwind

I loved that, he’s doing it wrong but right. I loved his grab bag of skills, there were things he could do pretty well and things that made me want to close my eyes 😆

chris85
    Free Member

JonEdwards – Member 
    Well that demonstrates very nicely how trails get trashed.

“Oh, I’ll ride on the grass, not on one of the 25 existing other lines created by other numpties who also can’t be arsed to ride the existing lines”

…and we’re then all up in arms when a “classic trail” gets sanitised, despite the fact that we’re as responsible for the damage as any other user group

As for the mincing on any of the mildly technical bits.

Bluntly, and as has been pointed out on here many times before. If it’s even slightly wet, stay off Cut Gate. Fine in midsummer, fine if its frozen, the rest of the time – just let it be.

POSTED 1 DAY AGO #

Try not let it spoil your day! 🙄

markrh
    Free Member

I enjoyed that and i like his trail rating system and think it will catch on, gnarly, gnarly gnarly etc 😀

hora
    Free Member

@36secs. Why go the slick chicken line instead of the tiny <1ft into the nice bit?

CheesybeanZ

I got the feeling his brakes weren’t up to the job . Fair play tho on his own in less than great conditions .

hora
    Free Member

What’s wrong with riding alone?!

forexpipz
    Free Member

This was my first video attempt.

I typically ride an on-one single speed limited edition 29er single speed rigid with brooks b17 and 800mm bar and this was my first ever video on my new enduro rig.

It was like riding on ice for the most part and my pads were impregnated with diamond particles for most of the ride because the conditions were so bad.

forexpipz
    Free Member

Also I made the return journey in piss poor visibility and rain and I can tell you this much. I had way more fun coming back even though I was crying through the pain.

I was wet, it was raining and pitch black and I only had my headlamp. Most importantly I got the **** out and rode.

forexpipz
    Free Member

I’d also like to point out that the gopro colouring does not reveal the true depth of most of this terrain.

What appears to be a subtle few inches of drop in track is at times anything up to 2 feet.

To all the nobs posting about conservation.

I’m an ultralight hiker bushcraft person/enthusiast and you can go kiss my butt.

Just how many trees you planted lately? None! That’s right you’ve planted none!

Your ideologies are based in keyboard cowboying and a grossly ignorant notion of the physical sciences.

I live and breathe bikes and this is just one facet of my life. To judge based on a few words is absolutely ridicoulous and its based upon what exactly? Quantitative data? Bull shit.

I personally though my video was annoying at times but at least I did what’s most important. Getting completely lost in the moment.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Well thanks for providing us with entertainment I hope you make some more videos 😉

EDIT – Also what tyres and brakes did you run?

Now you seem to be a troll

Lifer
    Free Member

Flounce potential – 0.82 Surfmatts.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

you are Kaesae and I claim my £5

mega
    Free Member

I liked your vid – it really captures what mountain biking is all about – getting scared, surviving and having fun.

good on you forexpipz 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

Don’t go away. Put more videos up.

Maybe we could suggest some others you could try on camera? If you’re local to the Peak District, have a crack at “The Beast” near Hope Cross – or there are some bridleways over at Hollinsclough I think you’d find pretty gnarly.

This could be your big break!

🙂

scotroutes

Don’t go!

Like I said away up there ^ it’s a great reminder that we’re not all the riding gods that some on this forum would like to believe they are. My soundtrack would be full of more mundane utterances though. And singing. I always seem to be singing when riding solo.

forexpipz
    Free Member

I’m 34 and its all about fun fun fun. I’ve got another video on the same ride where I whip out the water filter and have a crack at the peaks water full or sheep wee wee too.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@forex – you are to be commended for getting out and riding it was a bad choice of route for the conditions though. You did provide maximum amusement with your video commentary. However, you should be aware that riding around the more difficult features and creating more damage to the area isn’t going to win you any friends here. My riding isn’t up to much but then I am not videoing myself and posting it up on the internet, if you do that you are going to attract comments, good and bad.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

you are to be commended for getting out and riding it was a bad choice of route for the conditions though.

This +1
    We all need to be more aware of the conditions of trails.

forexpipz
    Free Member

I’ll do more videos just to piss off the people that use words like flounce.

Incidentally I have just learnt a new word.

CheesybeanZ

What’s wrong with riding alone?!

Nothing at all , who said there was ?!

slowoldman

I’ve got another video on the same ride where I whip out the water filter and have a crack at the peaks water full or sheep wee wee too.

Eh?

Lifer
    Free Member

forexpipz – Member

I’ll do more videos just to piss off the people that use words like flounce.

😆

Best of luck with that.

poisonspider
    Free Member

I think some of you lot need to wind your necks in, you’re starting to sound like a right bunch of pretentious pricks.

It’s as if people who take the wrong line or ride Cut Gate when it’s muddy or use the word gnarly three times are somehow not worthy of posting on the forum?!

Get over yourselves!

To be fair the last section is pretty full on especially in the wet. So what if he rode up the bank? Would you prefer him to have face planted from about 6 feet up just to stay on the ‘line’ and ‘win friends on here’?

I don’t know if it was his first visit or not but if it was, how was he supposed to know it’s a bit erosion sensitive? Should he have consulted you lot for permission?

That trail is 100’s of years old and I’m sure the pack horses that used it all that time ago side stepped the shitty bits on occasion. I can’t imagine one bloke (or a hundred for that matter) riding in the rain is going to ruin it forever.

I for one commend the guy for getting out there and giving it go and it’s just typical of the pompous, up-their-own-backside STW fascists to try and pull him down for it.

poisonspider
    Free Member

Although drinking filtered sheep’s piss is a bit weird.

grenosteve
    Free Member

I can’t imagine one bloke (or a hundred for that matter) riding in the rain is going to ruin it forever.

+1 for me (and this goes for all trails, everywhere).

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I think some of you lot need to wind your necks in, you’re starting to sound like a right bunch of pretentious pricks.

I don’t get it. Your profile says you’ve been a member for 5 years but you’re talking as if you’ve just wandered through the door for the first time?

grenosteve
    Free Member

Although drinking filtered sheep’s piss is a bit weird.

+1 for me again (and this goes for all sheep piss, everywhere) 😉 😉

hora
    Free Member

6ft up? Calm down. There’s Nothing gnarly about cutgatr. Its flowing singletrack not hard so if you take multiple lines like what’s happened on cut throat bridge its eternally **** and then sanitised so don’t comment on what you don’t know?? 🙂

poisonspider
    Free Member

@DaveyBoyWonder – true, perhaps I should have said;

“even after 5 years you lot as still sounding…”

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Thats better poisonspider 😉

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Can I request videos of cavedale, the beast and Jacobs ladder.

poisonspider
    Free Member

I do know. I have ridden both many times. The last section is hardly ‘flowing singletrack’, it’s arse touching the rear tyre steep.

And if you had passed your CSE maths you’d realise that by the time his pivoted over the front wheel his face will indeed have fallen about 6 feet before he hits the ground.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 217 total)

The topic ‘Gnarly Gnarly Cutgate Video…’ is closed to new replies.