Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • GNAR bike park anyone been?
  • Wookster

What’s it like is it well grated or is it more about hitting a 20 ft gap jump to bermed landing! Have to admit it looks good and Looks like there’s a good balenece of smaller jumps to play in and improve. But I’ve not seen any info really.

scrabble

I went with my wife a few weeks ago. We found it really good actually. very short runs but there is a lot of scope to really build up confidence on smaller features and move onto the bigger stuff. I think both of us really benefited and I was surprised how much my wife enjoyed it (relative newcomer to mtbing).

johnw1984
    Free Member

Yeah, me and wife have been too. Started on the easier stuff and worked my way up. Did a cracking gap jump without knowing it was there!

To be honest it was really well designed and flattered me 🙂

Good slippery fun when it’s wet. Would love to have a go in the dry.

When you get through the gate, carry on to the left up the big hill and park between the trees. It wasn’t obvious to me at the start.

Wookster

Great stuff thanks all!

survivor

I admit to being a bit sceptical of the setup before I actually went.

Turns out you can have a right laugh there. I’d say best with a few friends as they are short runs so it makes the push back up more fun.

All the runs start out fairly tame then as the hill steepens you can get a right pace on if you want. The odd little jump here and there, some nice berms. Happy days….

nickhit3
    Free Member

Been there once as an early backer of the project just prior to official opening- Ben is a lovely bloke and it was actually my first experience of a venue with trails. That’s not doing it justice though as it’s all virtually natural. I was lucky to ride it in the dry and there’s enough to be a laugh and session small areas. It’s worth pointing out that the tracks are all push up at this point and are only around the 30-40second mark top to bottom. The site is small. But that said, for some practice and an introduction to trail features it’s a good graded way in I reckon- which is how to look at GNAR. I’ve been riding on and off for 20 years but I’m inexperienced with hand built features so for me it was a great feeling trying something new on a small scale- but I reached my limit on some features much to my egos frustration lol

He’s got lots planned though, and if it wasn’t an hours drive away I’m sure I’d have been more frequently. Oh and I rode an 8inch Dh bike… don’t do that lol it’s possible but a nippier bike would have been smarter. I went alone and met some great people of all abilities there. I’ve heard others recommend combining it with a visit to other lakes locations which might be a good shout.

Wookster

Cool thanks Nick that sounds exactly as Id hoped, it’s only about 30-40 min from me so I’ll nip across one weekend early for a bit of a potter about…( I was going to say Razz about but sill be more realistic…) 😆

bungalistic
    Free Member

Was about to say if you live close and have a few mates with you it’s good fun but not worth a long drive. There’s not a load there but enough to keep you occupied for a few hours and there’s a decent balance of jumps & drops to work at.

I’d agree with the above by nickhit3 too, it’s probably more fun on a nippy wee hardtail or short travel trail bike but people take all sorts there to ride so take what you got.

johnw1984
    Free Member

I’d agree with a lot of this.

It was a good 1 hour 40 min drive for me. I enjoyed it and Ben is a really good guy, but I wouldn’t make a trip every week.

Think I’ll go back next spring when it get’s a bit dry.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘GNAR bike park anyone been?’ is closed to new replies.