Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Gmail query – remembering recent contacts?
  • Duane…
    Free Member

Hi all,

Random question – when I go to send an email on Gmail (phone or laptop), when I start typing someone’s email in the To box, it comes up with suggestions, I assume from my Contacts. Is it possible for it to also come up with suggestions who I have recently sent or received emails from, who aren’t in my contacts?

I’d rather not save all email addresses been in contact with to my contacts too.

Thanks,
    Duane

STATO
    Free Member

There is a setting to auto add contacts to ‘other’ when sending to or replying to that email. This will let them pop up in the auto-complete. Dont think there is a setting to pick up addresses from received emails though.

Setting: When I send a message to a new person, add them to Other Contacts so that I can auto-complete to them next time.

allthepies
    Free Member

^^ that.

It will only suggest names in your google contacts but you can auto-add new names to contacts via the setting stato quoted.

I don’t like my contacts list being swamped though and so turn this off. I agree it would be nice to have an option to auto prompt for recent addresses used/received from (regardless of whether they are in your contacts list).

jambalaya
    Free Member

Yes, as above. Google scans everything in your emails so it can target ad selling fyi

STATO
    Free Member

I dont mind having 571 other contacts, makes no difference to me. My preferred contacts are just sorted into a few groups. Takes little time to setup and only have to manage it when people change jobs which is rare for most people, or when the less IT savy change broadband provider and use the free email that comes with it 😯

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Gmail query – remembering recent contacts?’ is closed to new replies.